Matilde Tomat - The Resting Tree - MBACP
Welcome to The Resting Tree Counselling & Healing Service
Hello, my name is Matilde, I am an eclectic therapist, specialist mentor, recovery coach, writer and storyteller.
If you have ever felt stuck, overwhelmed, anxious, and especially confused; that Life seems to be going on without you; that everything happens somewhere else “out there”, and that you are not in touch with whatever is “in here”, and that maybe your automatic responses need changing, checking if counselling can be of help means that you are aware.
Healing begins with awareness, and hence your healing has begun. What you might need now is support: some safe time and space to explore, to allow transformation, to let whatever needs to arise, to surface.
I am not promising that it’s going to be an easy ride, but that I am willing to walk alongside you, to assist you while you strengthen your sense of Self, of Purpose, and then Direction.
Therapy to me means an all-encompassing holistic healing via our mental, emotional, and spiritual own resources, regardless of your Faith and even if you don’t have one. Therapy is an emotional and challenging, exciting and stimulating, and compassionate journey in discovering who you really are, what you truly want in life, and what makes YOU fulfilled. It is finding your Voice and your Tribe. It is opening that closet where all your fears are hidden.
Therapy is self-discovery of limiting obstacles (beliefs and values), the understanding of how your mind, body and soul, at times, are out of sync, and how to broaden your perspective, and more often than not by bringing the spiritual dimension into the "every day" through our session.
Therapy is Creation. Of Yourself. By You.
In the meantime, I can promise you that I will never give up on you and your journey and that I will stay; because I believe you have a lot to offer to this world, and my role is to assist you while you discover your Mission.
So, Welcome to The Resting Tree, my name is Matilde. And you are…
- Matilde’s workshop series is inspirational and has enabled me to gain a deeper, more comprehensive and probing insight into my history of addiction, but more importantly a greater clarity around my choices for a healthier, self-actualising future life pathway.
- Matilde possesses a special gift, a razor-sharp empathic awareness of our individual struggles, an emotional intuition, a particular form of sensitivity and insight into the depths of human vulnerability.
- Dear Matilde, thank you so much for your time and effort over the last seven weeks. I’ve really enjoyed working with you and I have learned so much about life but most of all I’ve learned about myself.
Working with/towards: Please, see below.
Training, qualifications & experience
- UAL FAD Art & Design - ongoing
- Introduction to Family Therapy
- L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – CPCAB
- L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies – CPCAB
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – CPCAB
- Grade 1 – Nichiren Buddhism
- RRR – Recovery Coach
- Celebrate Recovery Leaders Training (with John Baker)
- 12 Steps : Christian, Buddhist, Zen, Mindfulness
- Perfect Daughters – Adult Daughters of Alcoholics
- MindMapping for Happiness
- Branding & Lovemarks : a new you
- Art Therapy, Journalling, Scrapbooking
- Quality Decision Making
- Therapeutic Journalling
- Public Speaking
- Chaplaincy – course sponsored by the Buddhist Healthcare Chaplaincy Group including hospital placement hours
- In-house L1 – Eating Disorders
- In-house L2 – Eating Disorders
- Book: "Rebeltherapy: a therapist journey through addiction, trauma, and Nichiren Buddhism", is now available on Amazon, both as ebook and paperback.
- Book: "The Men at My White Table, a Collection", available on Amazon Kindle, celebrates 20 years of a creative life and explores pain and personal awareness in 5 short stories, photographic images and poetry
- A Success Story and updates are now available on the website www.therestingtreelancs.com
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have noticed during my experience that I tend to be found by clients who need to:
- work on the main 4 existential questions: chance, death, unreliability of people, uncertainty of the future
- work on that deep-rooted sense of loneliness, sadness, anguish and heartache, emotional pain and weight they are carrying around within them
- let go of emotional pain (especially within families where there is/was addiction)
- release addiction, including smoking
- work towards a personalised Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- heal the past / childhood trauma (including physical and sexual violence)
- heal sexual abuse (including incest) and violence (including traumatic/criminal death) in childhood
- heal a relationship (birth family, marriage, work)
- understand the difference between temporal and everlasting happiness
- explore and work with the Inner Child
- go through a divorce or break-up
- connect to a higher purpose / meaning / significance
- ease grieve / bereavement / discuss and explore the significance of Death
- facilitate one’s own passing
- feel more in touch with the Divine / sense of divine
- practice mindfulness and awareness
- understand / cope / live with anxiety and panic attacks
- assistance while going through a phase of emotional (fertile) emptiness, transitions, menopause, crisis (spiritual and not)
- explore in various ways Erikson’s stages of psycho-social development
I have also noticed that particularly lately most of my clients come to me with questions regarding:
- personal morality vs professional ethics
- meaning / value / purpose of life
- sense of fulfilment
- the inconsistency of belief system
- practical vs theoretical congruency
Photos & videos
Fees per 50 therapeutic minutes
£40 adults – first session: £25 which includes free initial consultation
Adults: 1 free session when pre-booking a series of 10 (total of £345)
Couples: £60 per session (Couples therapy will also include some 1:1 sessions)
£25 students with proof of attendance for the course (max 10 hours)
Telephone Counselling: £40 per session to be paid online in advance
(these new fees are in place from Mon 4 Jun 2018)
There have been some changes and updates post publication of the book. All info can be found on the website.
I do work with adults and on a one-to-one basis, from home, unless otherwise agreed (see telephone and written counselling):
- I see clients only if they have previously pre-booked the session with me; please, be mindful of the time which is dedicated only to you and arranged in a way to protect both your privacy, other clients, and my family members;
- I will not tolerate any form of verbal and / or physical abuse and / or aggressive behaviour in any shape, form or measure. You cannot, under any circumstances, attend sessions while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You will not be able to access the premises if under the influence of any substance, including heavy medication;
- My fundamental values follow BACP’s ones. These are defined to protect both of us, in our therapeutic relationship, and also my own premises:
a. Respecting human rights and dignity;
b. Alleviating symptoms of personal distress and suffering;
c. Enhancing people's well-being and capabilities;
d. Improving the quality of relationships between people;
e. Protecting the safety of clients;
f. Ensuring the integrity of practitioner-client relationships;
For anyone who is interested, I do offer outdoor counselling and hence assisting you in exploring your story and pain while immersing in nature (fees to be agreed depending on location); and walk&talk experience, especially when coupled with mindfulness breathing and walking, mostly along the Leeds/Liverpool Canal. I also offer telephone and written counselling (Agony Aunt). Telephone and Written Sessions are always paid in advance.
I also do offer meetings for people interested in the One Faith Project: more info on the website.
At home, I do mostly share my space with Virginia, a cat. She won't be participating in the sessions, but please bear this in mind if you are allergic.
Should I not be able to answer the phone, please do leave a message or send a text and I will contact you as soon as possible. I will then send you via email directions and contract.
I am available to be booked for week-end workshops or group work.
As a member of the BACP I do abide by and deeply believe in its Ethical Framework in working with you, for your own wellness, at your pace, and within those well-defined boundaries, creating a safe island where healing can take place. I am fully insured, supervised (both on a one-to-one basis and also within a group supervision). I am also E – CRB checked, and I do respect my own Continuing Professional Development.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri --- 9am - 8pm
Types of client