Matilde Tomat - The Resting Tree - MBACP
Welcome to The Resting Tree Counselling & Healing Service
Hello, my name is Matilde, I am an eclectic therapist working from an existential perspective, specialist mentor, writer and artist. I strongly believe that my role is to facilitate your journey of discovery of who you are and why you react the way you do, and feel the way you feel. Hence, therapy is Creation. Of Yourself. By You.
And then there is now, this Now we are living.
I have adapted my practice to include full online / remote / via phone / written counselling and mentoring sessions. Still, my main thoughts and values haven't changed.
During these past days, I have been considering, again, the fours pillars of existentialism: death, freedom, isolation, and meaninglessness. Seeing the scenes from my own Country (Italy) and talking to some of my family members and friends, made me appreciate the freedom I still have to move, act and go as I please. Not so for them, and as them many others.
I am also reminded that life is not fair and no one has ever come into this life experience immune to diseases, wars, bad news, disappointments. Panicking has no real use, while planning ahead what we could do when alone at home for 15 days is a better option: reading, writing, cleaning, praying, painting, re-decorating, knitting, jigsaw puzzles, cards, meditation, origami, and last but not least, the sheer joy of daydreaming are just some ideas that spring to mind. [I haven't mentioned TV and internet, of course].
If you ever thought you always wanted to write "that" book, well now you will have the time and no excuses...
Maybe we will learn to prioritise what is really important over the meaninglessness of triviality. Maybe we will discover that belonging to ourselves is what really matters. Maybe we will realise that being obliged to stay indoors for 2 weeks is not as bad as our grandfathers who have been obliged to go to war. Maybe we could look for our own answers of why we are here, now, experiencing this, living this. Maybe we will reassess life in general. Maybe we will consider death as the Stoics. Maybe we will learn not to stomp our feet and have tantrums because we can't go out, we can't go to work, we are not allowed to go to the hairdresser, on holidays, to the mall. Maybe we will learn to stay and go within.
Maybe we all needed a fast course in awareness.
So, if you think that you need help, support, assistance, space and time to discuss this period we are living in, please do get in contact.
You will also be able to find support and suggestions on my Facebook page.
#coronavirus #fear #existentialism #socialseparation #iostoacasa
Training, qualifications & experience
- Introduction & Practice: EFT / EFT Energy
- UAL FAD Art & Design - ongoing (Y2 ending 2020)
- Evening / Half Day / Full Day workshops on Shame - ongoing
- Introduction to Family Therapy
- L4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – CPCAB
- L3 Certificate in Counselling Studies – CPCAB
- L2 Certificate in Counselling Skills – CPCAB
- Grade 1 – Nichiren Buddhism
- RRR – Recovery Coach
- Celebrate Recovery Leaders Training (with John Baker)
- 12 Steps : Christian, Buddhist, Zen, Mindfulness
- Perfect Daughters – Adult Daughters of Alcoholics
- MindMapping for Happiness
- Branding & Lovemarks : a new you
- Art Therapy, Journalling, Scrapbooking
- Quality Decision Making
- Therapeutic Journalling
- Public Speaking
- Chaplaincy – course sponsored by the Buddhist Healthcare Chaplaincy Group including hospital placement hours
- In-house L1 – Eating Disorders
- In-house L2 – Eating Disorders
- Book: "Rebeltherapy: a therapist journey through addiction, trauma, and Nichiren Buddhism", is now available on Amazon, both as ebook and paperback.
- A Success Story and updates are now available on the website www.therestingtreelancs.com
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Eating disorders
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Personality disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have noticed that particularly lately most of my clients come to me with questions regarding the meaning of their own life, values, and the search for their own purpose; especially when working with artists and writers, their main area of exploration concerns the lack of a sense of fulfilment, and working with their shame and fears.
I have also noticed during my experience that I tend to be found by clients who need to:
- work on that deep-rooted sense of loneliness, sadness, anguish and heartache, emotional pain and weight they are carrying around within them
- connect to a higher purpose / meaning / significance
- explore and work with the Inner Child
- understand the difference between temporal and everlasting happiness
- assistance while going through a phase of emotional (fertile) emptiness, transitions, menopause, crisis (spiritual and not)
- heal the past / childhood trauma (including physical and sexual violence)
- heal sexual abuse (including incest) and violence (including traumatic/criminal death) in childhood
- heal a relationship (birth family, marriage, work)
- go through a divorce or break-up
- facilitate one’s own passing
- feel more in touch with the Divine / sense of divine
- understand / cope / live with anxiety and panic attacks
Fees per 50 therapeutic minutes
£40 adults – first session: £25 which includes free initial consultation (Fees will be amended in 2020)
Adults: 1 free session when pre-booking and pre-paying a series of 10 (total of £345)
Couples: £60 per session (Couples therapy will also include some 1:1 sessions at usual rates)
£25 undergraduate students with proof of attendance for the course (max 10 hours)
Telephone Counselling: £40 per session to be paid online in advance
(these new fees are in place from Mon 4 Jun 2018)
I do work with adults and on a one-to-one basis, from home, unless otherwise agreed (see telephone and written counselling, or walk&talk):
- I see clients only if they have previously pre-booked the session with me; please, be mindful of the time which is dedicated only to you and arranged in a way to protect both your privacy, other clients, and my family members;
- My fundamental values follow BACP’s ones. These are defined to protect both of us, in our therapeutic relationship, and also my own premises
For anyone who is interested, I do offer outdoor counselling and hence assisting you in exploring your story and pain while immersing in nature (fees to be agreed depending on location); and walk&talk experience, especially when coupled with mindfulness breathing and walking, mostly along the Leeds/Liverpool Canal. I also offer telephone and written counselling. Telephone and Written Sessions are always paid in advance.
I also do offer meetings for people interested in the One Faith Project: more info on the website.
At home, I do mostly share my space with Virginia, a cat. She won't be participating in the sessions, but please bear this in mind if you are allergic.
Should I not be able to answer the phone, please do leave a message or send a text and I will contact you as soon as possible. I will then send you via email directions and contract.
I am available to be booked for week-end workshops or group work.
As a member of the BACP I do abide by and deeply believe in its Ethical Framework in working with you, for your own wellness, at your pace, and within those well-defined boundaries, creating a safe island where healing can take place. I am fully insured, supervised (both on a one-to-one basis and also within a group / peer supervision). I am also CRB checked, and I do respect my own Continuing Professional Development.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon - Fri --- 9am - 8pm Available also on Saturdays and for workshops. Pls, get in contact to know the latest availability. Thank you.
Types of client