Mark Morris BSc (Hons) Systemic Counselling
I am a qualified counsellor (BSc (Hons) and Registered member of the BACP.
I see clients at some settings including private practice. I am an Integrative and Therapeutic counselor, which means the work we will do together is from some different counselling schools, this works very well as this allows me to adapt a counselling package tailored specifically to your needs as we are all unique.
The thought of counselling for some people can be daunting and this may be your first step in contacting a counsellor which is understandable.
I myself have had a challenging past and this is one of the reasons why I went into counselling as I understand how difficult it can be to reach out for help.
If you decide to work with me I am warm, non-judgmental, empathic and the first road we travel down is The Person-Centered approach, where we collaborate for the Best outcome for you. As such I will not put any pressure on you, as being in a collaboration I can work with what you are happy in doing, and getting to where you want to be.
Areas of specialty;
Anger Management, PTSD, Trauma, Depression, Anxiety, Social Anxiety, Low-Self-Esteem.
This approach is delivered through Systemic, Systems theory as this views the client through the whole meaning of their lives, eg; the workplace, Family and partner relationships which is all relevant in helping people to move forward with their lives.
How many sessions and How to contact me
It's completely up to you, I have had some clients for just one session(which is absolutely fine) and have had some for 30 weeks plus. The average though is 8 sessions.
Most counsellors preferred way of working is weekly, however, some clients come weekly, some come fortnightly, I would rather leave the frequency for appointments completely up to you as this is your choice and it is important to me to work with you at your pace.
We will review and recap the sessions each time to see if continuing for you is beneficial, or it may be that the frequency needs changing, or even to take a break, or plan an ending together if that is what you wish to do at any time as the choice is yours.
The first contact is usually via email, however, if you wish you could include your telephone number and include a note to say the best time to contact you. I will make contact back to you pretty quickly though.
I am a Holistic & therapeutic counsellor as such I use an integrative range of therapies including person-centred, Gestalt, Psychosynthesis, Existential, and Systemic.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Systemic counseling.
- Counselor at Panteg Hospital for CHYPS charity within the NHS 5 Years Experience.
- Mindfulness course 6 weeks with the NHS Mental Health team.
- Activate Your Life certificates.
- Enhanced DBS certificate and update certificate
- Private practice 2015 to date
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Systemic counselling
- GAD (General Anxiety disorder)
- Systems theory
- Low self Esteem
- Confidence issues
- Anger Management
- Family relationships
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Group therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Jungian therapy
- Other therapies
- Person-centred therapy
Fees for 60 Minute sessions.
Fees £50 per 60 minutes.
£300 for students 10 Mandatory Sessions. (which can be paid in installments)
* Please note the 1st session is to be paid for in advance for the full amount £50 by various payment methods, BACS transfer payment, Cash, PayPal. cancellations terms and conditions below;
Please note a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for canceling or rescheduling an appointment, otherwise, there will be a charge for the full session costs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
- I offer Day or Evening Sessions- Monday to Friday
- Friday's at Cardiff City Centre or I could arrange any location in South Wales
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|