Mark Morris BSc (Hons) Systemic Counselling
I am a qualified counsellor (BSc (Hons) and Registered member of the BACP.
I see clients at a number of settings including private practice. I am an Integrative and Therapeutic counsellor, which means the work we will do together is from a number of different counselling schools, this works very well as this allows me to adapt a counselling package tailored specifically to your needs as we are all unique.
The thought of counselling for some people can be daunting and this may be your first step in contacting a counsellor which is understandable.
I myself have had a challenging past and this is one of the reasons why I went into counselling as I understand how difficult it can be to reach out for help.
If you decide to work with me I am warm, non-judgmental, empathic and the first road we travel down is The Person-Centered approach, where we collaborate together for the Best outcome for you. As such I will not put any pressure on you, as being in a collaboration I can work with what you are happy in doing, and getting to where you want to be.
How many sessions and How to contact me
It's completely up to you, I have had some clients for just one session(which is absolutely fine) and have had some for 30 weeks plus. The average though is 8 sessions.
Most counsellors preferred way of working is on a weekly basis, However some clients come weekly, some come fortnightly, I would rather leave the frequency for appointments completely up to you as this is your choice and it is important to me to work with you at your pace.
We will review and recap the sessions each time to see if continuing for you is beneficial, or it may be that the frequency needs changing, or even to take a break, or plan an ending together if that is what you wish to do at any time as the choice is yours.
The first contact is usually via email, however if you wish you could include your telephone number and include a note to say the best time to contact you. I will make contact back to you pretty quickly though.
I am an Holistic & therapeutic counselor as such I use an integrative range of therapies including person-centred, Gestalt, Psychosynthesis, Existential, and Systemic.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Systemic counselling.
- Volunteer counsellor at Panteg Hospital for CHYPS charity within the NHS 5 Years.
- Mindfulness course 6 weeks with the NHS Mental Health team.
- Activate Your Life certificates.
- I am currently doing a PG Diploma at USW in counselling Children and Young People,
- I am about to start one day a week counselling at a school in Newport, as a volunteer counsellor.
- Enhanced DBS certificate and update certificate
- Private practice 2015 to date
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Existential therapy
- Family/systemic therapy
- Gestalt therapy
Fees for 60 Minute sessions.
Young People £40
£300 for students 10 Mandatory Sessions. (which can be paid in instalments)
Please note a minimum of 24 hours notice is required for cancelling or rescheduling an appointment, otherwise there will be a charge of the full session costs.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client