Mandy Connolly Adv. DIP Psychotherapeutic Counselling
Hello my name is Mandy
I have been a qualified counselling therapist since 2006 and I am based in Woolacombe, North Devon.
I am an integrative practitioner which means I use a combined approach to counselling by bringing together different elements of specific therapies, I feel that there is no single approach that can treat each client in all situations.
I am able to use a range of counselling techniques and tailor them to my clients individual and personal needs and circumstances.
I have studied all the main theories of counselling including: person centred/ cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) / psychodynamic / logotherapy
My base to my work is person centred therapy which enables me to create a safe and empathetic non judgmental environment for my clients to explore any issues and difficulties they may be experiencing in their lives: childhood, past or present.
I understand that finding the right therapist for you can be a very daunting experience.
If you feel that I might be the right person to help and support you with counselling then please call or email me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB level 4 Diploma in therapeutic counselling
- CPCAB level 2 in counselling studies
- NCFE levels 1 and 2 in counselling skills
- NCFE levels 1 and 2 in drug awareness
- A level psychology
- I trained with Walsall bereavement services in 2004 and continued to work with them for the following two years.
- I undertake regular training to ensure that I keep up with new practices.
- I am a member of the BACP
- I recently attended a course using mindfulness to work effectively with depression, anxiety and trauma.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My fee is £35 for 60 minutes
£25 for students
I would be happy to answer any questions that you have please call or email me.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday to Friday 9am - 2pm Saturday and Sunday 10am - 4pm
Types of client