Louise Willis. MBACP, MNCS (Accred)
Seeking Therapy can be a huge step, it may be the first time you have ever spoken about your problems and feelings.
Therapy provides an opportunity to talk about yourself and any concerns you have, in a way that often can’t often be achieved with friends and family.
You may be experiencing overwhelming feelings of confusion, anger, depression or be feeling scared, you may be finding it hard to cope.
Together we can:
- Look into the past for answers
- Work in the ‘here and now‘ to change repetitive behaviour
- Look to the future for making and setting goals
Having trained for many years and Qualified as a Registered Integrative therapist, I work with a range of Counselling models which help me to tailor your therapy and achieve the best result for you.
As a Registered Member of BACP and accredited by NCS, I adhere to their professional Ethical and Practice Frameworks, as well as working in a confidential, non judgmental way at all times.
I also have practical knowledge of mindfulness and hold a Certificate in Family mediation from NFM.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Counselling Skills - AQA
Certificate in Family mediation - NFM
Diploma in Therapeutic Integrative Counselling level 4
Currently Studying: Practitioners Diploma in CBT level 5
Ongoing professional development and Supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Work-related stress
To get the most from your therapy, one session a week is recommended.
Introductory Session £25
Regular Sessions £40
Block bookings and concessions may be available on request
Counselling can help in a range of ways which can include:
- Analysing events, behaviours or feelings that have caused distress.
- Countering self-criticism and building self-esteem.
- Problem-solving, planning and decision-making.
- Establishing Assertiveness.
- Changing cyclical behaviour.
- Examining and amending abusive or distructive behaviour.
- Challenging negative thoughts, beliefs or behaviour.
- Learning Relaxation techniques.
- Identifying trigger points and how they are dealt with.
- Talking any issues through, to make sense of what has happened.
- Finding a way through a life transition or illness.
- Aquiring tools for further future use.
- Locating, analysing and acting on information.
- Dealing with Shame, guilt and anger.
- Making sense of difficult feelings or emotions.
- Putting boundaries in place.
- Dealing with difficult or painful relationships.
If any of the above resonates with you, please contact me to arrange an introductory session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
7am - 9pm. Monday to Friday
Types of client