- Hi, I'm Lorna. Thank you for looking at my profile. I am a person-centred counsellor based in the Cleveleys area. I offer face to face or remote sessions to clients.
- I am currently working with clients remotely from all over the country, some of the issues I am currently working with are Anxiety, Depression, Feeling Sad, Bereavement, Relationship, work related stress, Covid 19 issues and Family problems. However I can work with a range of presenting issues which you may have.
Person-centred counselling is a non directive form of therapy. It is a safe, non-judgemental, trustworthy and confidential form of therapy for the client to explore the issues that are troubling them in every day life. This enables the client to move forward with lives, free of the issues that have been holding them back.
I am registered with the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and I abide by their Ethical Framework.
I believe that being a counsellor is not just about listening to a client, but it is about being alongside the client, feeling their emotions, and offering acceptance. I work to create a safe therapeutic relationship where a client feels safe and heard which helps upon their journey to fulfilment.
I understand that everyone has busy lives, therefore I offer appointments in the afternoon, evening and weekends to fit around work and family commitments. If you have any other queries feel free to email or ring me on the information provided.
Training, qualifications & experience
QUALIFICATIONS AND FURTHER TRAINING
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Safeguarding Adults
- Level 2 Safeguarding Adults
- Level 3 Safeguarding Children
- Level 2 Safeguarding Children
- UnderstandingChildren and young people's mental health
- Dementia awareness
- Online Counselling Trained
- Self Harm awareness
- Autism Awareness
- Prevent training
- Level 3 in Counselling
- Level 2 in Counselling
- Adult and Children's Counsellor at Trinity Hospice, Blackpool
- Schools link Counsellor for Trinity Hospice.
- Private practice Counsellor
- EAP Counsellor
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£35.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
£35 for individual face to face counsellling/telephone or zoom.
I accept Bank transfer or Cash
I am flexible to work round clients lives.