I offer a safe, confidential and warm space for you to feel supported, as you explore what is most important or challenging, while also cultivating a sense of well-being. Through this process we'll work together in a collaborative way, that honours your natural rhythm and pace.
I'm an integrative counsellor with an holistic approach. Mindfulness, body awareness and psychoeducation are key elements of what I offer. I also value supporting people to connect with often undiscovered inner resources, which can grow into strengths, that will support daily life challenges, for years to come.
There are a few different ways that you can work with me. I offer both in person and online counselling, as well as indoor and out side counselling sessions around Exeter. Out door sessions are held in a beautiful and spacious park by the river or in a quieter area by the canal. I also offer therapeutic nature connection, where nature can becomes a co-counsellor for your healing process.
Your welcome to contact me if you have any questions or if you'd like to book a free 40 min online introductory session.
Training, qualifications & experience
- One year of Polyvagal Theory - Deb Dana
- Interpersonal Neurobiology - Daniel Seigel
- Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) Basic Practitioner Training Course
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic counselling - Level 5
- Ten Directions Eco-therapy training, Certificate in other centred environmentally based therapies
- The Heart of Trauma - Bonnie Badenoch
- One year Nature Immersion and Bush Craft training Trackways - Thomas Schorr-Kon
- Working with Shame - Carolyn Spring
- Working with Trauma - Carolyn Spring
- The rewind Technique - Human Givens
- Evolutionary Relationships - Terry Real &Thomas Hubl
- Mystical principles of Healing - Thomas Hubl
- Transparent communication - Thomas Hubl
- Mystical principle of relationship - Thomas Hubl
- Transpersonal meditation, mindfulness and deep exploration of Self- 12 years study and practice - Adyashanti
- One year Core Shamanism - The Sacred Trust - Simon Buxton
- Certificate In Counselling
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Developmental Trauma
- Fostering Mindfulness
- Re connection with Nature, roots, belonging
£40.00 per session
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
I have a limited number of reduced cost sessions available.
I currently have a couple of morning spaces from 8 am on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
- I offer online - in person - indoor and outside counselling sessions around Exeter.
- Therapeutic Nature Connection Sessions, where nature becomes co-counsellor in your healing process.
The outside walk and talk counselling and Therapeutic nature connection sessions are held in a beautiful and spacious park, with a river or by a quieter area near the canal both in Exeter.
For more details visit my website. www.befriendinglife.org