Karina Nemcova, Psychotherapist & Counsellor, BACP & UKCP & HCPC
Psychotherapy and counselling can help you understand yourself and the way you are in the world, improve your relationships, support you to work through emotional suffering with a view to leading a more fulfilling life.
Many people who seek therapy have found themselves experiencing relationship problems or emotional difficulties, however, therapy can also benefit those who are curious about themselves and wish to engage in therapy for personal growth. Therapy can do for the mind what exercise does for the body. It can encourage you to feel a sense of aliveness, support you to think more flexibly, help you to develop emotional resilience as well as prevent more serious problems from occurring.
Individual counselling usually takes place once a week at the same time and place. It can be either:
short term – usually 6 to 12 sessions – more structured and focused on solving the identified problem or situation or
long term – lasting from a few months up to a few years - to explore more deep-rooted and historical difficulties.
My therapeutic work is grounded in Gestalt therapy which is a creative, holistic and humanistic approach supporting personal growth, self-acceptance and which teaches us how we can have more satisfying relationships with those around us. I work with you as a whole person, paying attention to both physical and psychological processes and how they link together. I work relationally meaning that I bring myself into the therapeutic relationship with you as another human being, sharing my responses, thoughts and feelings with you.
My work with people experiencing severe mental health conditions has deepened my understanding of human nature and the ways in which we can creatively adapt to the world when we experience extreme stress or pressure.
I am particularly interested in people’s everlasting ability to grow through human connection and healthy relationships.
Training, qualifications & experience
- MSc in Gestalt Psychotherapy, Metanoia Institute, London 2017
- Counselling for Depression Training - a form of psychological therapy recommended by NICE for the treatment of depression. Metanoia Institute, London 2017
- Certificate in Couples Work from The Relational Academy 2016
- Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling, Metanoia Institute, London 2014
- MA in Psychology, UMCS, Poland 2003
- Registered Member of UKCP, BACP and HCPC and abide by their code of ethics
- Specialising in anxiety, stress, depression, trauma, self-esteem, self-confidence, life transitions, identity crisis and improving relationships
- Alongside with my private practice, I work as a counsellor and Team Leader at The Awareness Centre, London. I am also an Assistant Tutor at the MSc in Gestalt Psychotherapy training at the Metanoia Institute, London.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
My practice is located few minutes walk from Pimlico Station and in walking distance from Victoria and Vauxhall Stations. Busses: 2, 24, 36, 87, 88, 185, 360, 436, C10.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday afternoon and evening availability.
Types of client