Julie Archer. BSc (Hons), MBACP (Accred)
Are you wanting to make changes to your life? Would you like to explore issues, which are holding you back? Do you want to have a better understanding of yourself as a resource to deal with problems as they come up? If the answer is yes…..talking to a professional counsellor may help.
I am a BACP accredited Humanistic and Integrative Counsellor working from a private room in Ravenshead.
So….what can I offer?
- Experience of counselling adults and young people covering a wide range of issues: specialising in: Couple and Relationship Counselling - Anxiety and Depression - Stress - Relational Trauma - Self Confidence - Bereavement and Loss - Eating Disorders - Self Identity - Transitions and Change - Cultural Issues - Anger.
- Specialise in Couples Counselling.
- Experience of working with young people in the university setting.
- Weigtwise academy associate running interactive courses offering therapeutic intervention for clients with emotional eating behaviours aiming to develop skills to change the way individuals think about food and eating.
- Experience of working for a large business for many years looking after employee welfare, I am a trained mediator and coach with a focus on mental health in the workplace.
- Experience of helping individuals deal with conflict in the workplace, relationships at work,performance management and redundancy.
- Mindfulness Practioner, having completed MBCT in Mindfulness in 2018.
- Appointments to suit you, option of day or evening
- No waiting list, you can be seen straight away
- An initial chat on the telephone, free of charge.
- Option of short or long term work
I understand how big the initial step is to come forward for help. I invite you to view my website and contact me. You can be assured of a warm response and we can discuss the options, which are best for you. I guarantee a confidential and discreet service.
The initial meeting will give us the opportunity to talk about what brings you to counselling and for me to talk about the way I work.
My Counselling Approach
You can be assured of a warm welcome where I aim to make my client feel comfortable and at ease. Within the relationship based on trust, I hope that individuals feel free to be honest and share whatever brings them to counselling. I believe that everyone is unique with their own way of seeing the world and the client is always in control of what they want to share in the sessions.
Counselling gives the opportunity to make changes to your life, helps to let go of old belief systems about yourself, brings hidden parts of you into awareness and gives hope.
Training, qualifications & experience
BSc (Hons) Counselling and Psychotherapy, studied at the Sherwood Training Psychotherapy Training Institute in Nottingham, accredited by Coventry University.
Post training I have completed professional training workshops in:
General Anxiety Disorder
Relationally Focussed Integrative Psychotherapy
Anger,Rage and Shame
Emotional Eating Behaviours
Relationships and their impact on Mental Health
Rewind Trauma therapy
Certificate in Couples and Relationship Counselling
Loss and Bereavement
Working with Men
MBCT in Mindfulness
I have 20 years experience working for a large company managing employee support.
As part of my training, I have worked for several counselling organisations in Nottingham and currently work within the university setting.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Relationship with others
Self and Identity
Change and transitions
Academic and exam stress
Individual session £45 for 50 minutes.
Couples counselling £60 for one hour.
Concessionary rates are available.
I am a registered and accredited member of the BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy); adhering to their Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I attend regular supervision to ensure that my professional practice is monitored.
It is important to me to keep up to date with the latest research and developments in the profession and to continually develop my own work and I therefore attend a variety of professional development workshops.