Joanne Howes-Watson Dip in Intergrative Counselling MBACP
Welcome to my profile. I am a qualified counsellor and registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have been trained integratively which means that I use several different types of therapy, such as psychodynamic, person centred, existential and cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), enabling me to have various approaches to suit different issues and the individual person. This can be short or long term work depending on the nature of you concerns. I understand that counselling can seem daunting, but there are times in our lives when we all need a little extra emotional support, whether it be in making a major decision or learning to cope with the things that life presents. It is my aim to offer that support in a confidential and safe environment, enabling exploration of thoughts, feelings and behaviours. I have worked with family issues, sexual abuse, rape, domestic abuse, grief, loss, employment concerns, low self esteem and other mental health issues.
Please feel free to contact me to discuss further.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BACP Accredited Diploma in Integrative Counselling - NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
Certificate in Counselling Skills - NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust.
- CATT: Children's Accelerated Trauma Treatment. This also covers adults suffering with single trauma, complex trauma and PTSD.
Extensive training on working with adult and children, victims and survivors of sexual abuse and/ or rape.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults.
- Certificate in the Safeguarding of Vulnerable Children and Sexual Exploitation
- Effective Practice when Working With Adult Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Abuse Workshop
- Training ii thought field therapy
- Development day on Assertiveness & Raising Self-Esteem
- Development weekend working with trauma with Christine Sanderson
- I have been working with behaviour change for driving for 17 years before becoming a therapist
- I am a counsellor for Family Matters UK
- I am a counsellor for SERICC in Essex
I am a private counsellor.
- I am trained in Eye Movement Technique(EMT) trauma
- I am trained in Dyadic Developmental Practice
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£40.00 for 50 Minute Session
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Thought Field Therapy