Joanna Godding, Creative Arts & Attachment Focused Therapist
I am an integrative therapist using Attachment Focused Therapy (DDP Informed), talking therapies (counselling), creative arts & play therapy when working with clients.
I work individually with clients, with families and groups.
I have been working with vulnerable Children and Adolescents within private and educational settings for over 15 years.
Many children and adolescents need support with emotional literacy, behaviour or mental health difficulties at some point in their lives. Together the client and therapist use a well established therapeutic discipline that is based upon a number of psychological theories, that enables clients to begin to communicate feelings and experiences in a non-verbal, non-judgmental and respectful way.
If you have concerns about your child because of the following:
- ADHD, Asperger's, Autism
- Anger/aggression/tantrums/ violent behaviour
- Attachment difficulties
- Difficulties with concentration/motivation
- Difficulties with relationships (parents, siblings, peers, teachers)
- LAC (Looked after Children)
- Low self esteem
- Trauma (eg: bereavement, domestic violence, abuse - physical, neglect, emotional and sexual)
- Sexually inappropriate behaviours
- Withdrawn behaviour
Counselling, Creative Arts & Play Therapy could help!
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Diploma in Therapeutic Play Skills
- DDP Level 1 & 2 (Attachment Focused Family Therapy)
- Certificate in Therapeutic Play
- Advanced Child Protection Training
- Parent Child Attachment Play
- Managing Sexually Harmful Behaviours
I work In line with the code of ethics set out by PTUK, ensuring that I receive regular supervision and carry out 30 hours of CPD each year. My can be found on the Voluntary Register of Play and Creative Arts Therapists, which is managed by PTUK and accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Up-to-date Insurance and DBS certificates (are available for viewing).
Play Therapy UK
Play Therapy UK is the largest organisation governing therapeutic play and play therapy in the United Kingdom. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Attachment Focused Therapy, Creative Arts and Play Therapy Sessions:
Individual : £65
Family : £85
Group : £85 (maximum 4 clients)
Individual : £55
Family : £80
Monday : 9.00 - 5.00, Tuesday : 9.00 - 5.00, Wednesday : 9.00 - 5.00, Thursday : 9.00 - 7.00, Friday : 9.00 - 4.00,