Jacqueline Colligan BA(Hons), MSc, Dip.Couns, MBACP registered.
Hello and welcome.
I hold individual membership with the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
If you have found my details and are facing a difficult time right now, I would like to support you in the process of beginning therapy and making the changes you hope for. I am a highly qualified, experienced London trained Counsellor/Psychotherapist, educated to Masters Degree level. Practising within a humanistic & psychodynamic perspective.
I specialise in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy /DBT, one to one therapy, couples counselling - with a specialist interest in behaviour change, addiction and trauma.
I have experience working as a therapist within a number of private and public sector settings including specialist work with addictions, depression, anxiety disorders relationship issues, sexual issues and bereavement. I have a longstanding interest in cults, issues with childhood abuse/neglect and intercultural counselling including racially motivated abuse. I am experienced in systemic organisational and religious abuse.
I have worked as a successful academic in the field of behaviour change with several high ranked publications. Clients range from those in the public eye to others who are not. I offer concessionary discount for the unemployed, key workers and also student counsellors. Each individual is unique and important and the entire process is confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Anthropology & Epidemiology - University of Newcastle. 1983. 2:1 pass.
- MSc Behavioural Healthcare Science. University of Newcastle. 2001.
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy. Lambeth College London. 2012 - 2015.Dip. (L4)
- DBT Training - 12 week intensive with US Trainers. 2015. UKAT Training.
- Certificate in Dealing with Distress, Self Harm and Suicidal Ideation. Carolyn Spring Training. June 2020.
- Certificate in Dialectical Behavioural Therapy. June 2020
- Addictions Therapist. Open Road. Essex. 2014 - 15
- Addictions Therapist. Sanctuary Lodge, Essex. 2015 -17
- More details when contacted.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- General individual counselling in Kent: £100
- General individual counselling in London: £Price on application
- Counselling at Harley Street £150
- Couples counselling : £150
- One to one or online DBT sessions - price for block bookings on application.
- Group work ie: DBT groups - on application/£40.00 per session.
Concessions offered for
''You were a massive part of my early recovery and a source of inspiration to this day'' RH
''I saw Jackie under sufferance, as penance perhaps for a failed suicide attempt. Years of alcohol and medication abuse, chronic insomnia, anxiety and numerous other challenges from the psychotherapist handbook. I spent a year with her, once a week being guided to understand the events that made for such a chaotic and dysfunctional life. Once that was done, Jackie armed me with the tools to step forward and recognise the signs which would have me step back. I owe her more than perhaps modesty would have her realise. An outstanding counsellor who always knew when I was dodging the issue. - JJ
''Firstly to thank you for all the incredible help over the recent months. I’ve learnt so much about myself and my behaviours in my sessions with you, and I leave with a lot of learnings and tools. Thanks again Jackie, I will never be grateful enough to thank you, for your insight and support. - NL''