Helen Stevens MBACP
I offer one to one therapeutic counselling to adults, young people and adolescents. My practice is based in a quiet village location just outside St. Ives, Cambridgeshire.
I work using an integrative approach which means I draw on a range of theoretical ideas and skills aiming to improve your emotional and mental wellbeing. I use a range of creative methods to help you to explore and gain an increased understanding of yourself.
I believe that we are all the expert of our own lives, as a counsellor I am not here to tell you what do or how to feel. I am here to walk with you on whatever journey you wish to take, to help you explore and find the clarity and healing you may be seeking.
When you contact me I will arrange to call you at an agreed time to introduce myself and enable us to have a brief chat about what you are hoping to work through. if you are happy to we can then book in an initial session which is an opportunity for us to meet and discuss working together. It is important that you feel safe and comfortable both with me and within the counselling space.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma level 4 CPCAB Therapeutic Counselling - An Integrative approach
- Level 3 CPCAB - Counselling Studies
- Level 2 CPCAB - Counselling Skills
- Diploma's VTCT IIHHT in Holistic Therapies, Stress Management, Indian Head Massage, Anatomy & Physiology, NVQ Level 3 Customer services.
- MHFA Cert. - Mental Health First Aid
- Living Works - ASIST Workshop
- Choices Cambridge - 30 hours training: Working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- The Tavistock centre - Understanding Development - Adolescence
- Guy Gladstone workshop; Shock and Stress
- Mind - Suicide Prevention Training
- HM government - Prevent Training
- NSPCC: Child Protection Training
MindEd certs. - What is counselling for children, young people and young adults. - Key differences between counselling adults and children/YP. - Counselling in schools. - Counselling children and YP. - Legal and ethical framework. - Facilitating emotion expression. - working with emotional meaning, The range of creative and symbolic methods. - Creative methods in action. - The legal framework for working with young people. - Capacity and consent. - Counselling and other services. - Counselling in secondary schools. - Counselling and specialist CAMHS. - Developing sexuality.
Volunteer School Counsellor Jan 2018 -July 2019 - working with students aged 11 - 16
Volunteer Counsellor Choices Counselling, Cambridge October 2018 - present - Working with adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse.
Volunteer Counsellor CPSL Mind, March 2019 - Present
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I currently have availability for new clients.
Types of client