Gill Cassidy, Newcastle Upon Tyne NE16
My hope is to offer you a compassionate and safe space to be heard. At the heart of my work is the healing potential of the therapeutic relationship. My desire is to be alongside you as you draw on your inner strength, creativity and resilience in what can often be very challenging or traumatic life events. I know this on both a personal and professional level.
My original experience comes from my role as a practice counsellor in several G.P surgeries. I had the privilege of supporting many different people from all walks of life. I love my work and have been in practice for thirteen years .
My approach to therapy is intuitive and creative, attending to what's happening for you right now, whilst giving respect and time to earlier experiences. Being committed to my own personal growth, I deeply believe that this way of being helps us understand ourselves better. Through therapy our lives and our relationships can be deeply enriched.I have a deep interest in vitality and finding our way back to our true selves.
I want to acknowledge the anxiety around deciding to ask for support. It takes courage to reach out for help. Please do not hesitate to ask me anything you may need to know to make a good choice .
Please visit my personal website for further information: www.atthestillpoint.org.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Accredited member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Relationally embodied Gestalt therapist
- UKCRP Registered Independent Counsellor / Psychotherapist
- Further psychotherapy training at The Edinburgh Gestalt Institute
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling
- Pilates Practitioner level 3
- B.A Hons in English Literature and Theology
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certified Yin Yoga teacher
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
fees are £45 per session for individuals and £55 for couple therapy.
- I also teach restorative Pilates classes and one to one sessions too. If you are interested in this please visit my website.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am available on Mondays and Tuesdays.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|