MBACP, BA (Hons)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
I am a qualified, BACP accredited, person-centred therapist; I often work with long-term with more complex issues, although short term counselling is always available, and can also be very effective for some people; a few sessions can often be enough to enable them to start noticing changes in their lives.
As well as what you might call the classic 'talking therapy' there is often a creative aspect to my work, many people experience this way of working as very therapeutic and healing.
So the option is there to work in this way should you be interested;- creative therapy provides a means to express inner emotions or feelings through the use of artistic media such as writing, metaphor, art, imagery, sculpture, or a combination of any of these. It allows you to pay attention to your internal world and to give expression to it; to bring the 'inside' - feelings, emotions and senses ‘out’ - so you can start to make sense of them - is maybe a helpful way to explain it.
Areas of counselling:
· Anger Management
· Attachment issues
· Eating Disorders
· Emotional Abuse
· Generalised Anxiety
· Low Self-Confidence
· Low Self-Esteem
· Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
· Self Harm
· Work Related Issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- Southampton - Future training - Diploma - Nutiriton Specialist
- RSVP - Three day intensive course, foundation skills helpline volunteering.
- RSVP/The Helplines Association - Three, one day workshops, level 1, 2 and 3 attained.
- Safeline - skills for helpline workers.
- Marie Curie - Adult and Child Loss and Bereavement Training. (6 days intensive course).
- Therapy Challenges CPD - Working with Eating Disorders.
- Valley House - Safeguarding Children (in-house training).
- The Olive Tree Training on Introduction and Awareness to Personality Disorder.
- The Olive Tree Training on Understanding Personality Disorder.
- The University of Warwick - Reflection, journals and the written word.
- University of Warwick - Foundation Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- University of Warwick - BA Hons Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
2012-2013 - The University of Warwick CPD (the following 4 x 3 day modules):
- Creative Approaches to working with clients in Person-centred approach
- Counselling clients who have psychological disorders & mental health issues
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who have been sexually, physically or emotionally abused
- Working drug and alcohol addiction.
- 2013 - Birmingham University - Working with clients with Eating Disorders
- 2013 - Valley House - Advanced Safeguarding Children
- 2014 - Bower House - Understanding Eating Disorders Workshop
- 2014 - Worked as Co-counsellor - team member with Helena Wilkinson - Eating Disorder 7 day Residential course
- 2016 - Diploma CBT University of West Scotland (Ongoing)
- 2017 - Working with Children and Young People
- 2017 - Trust Technique on line training
- 2018 - Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
- 2018 - Working therapeutically with horses-Horses Helping People
- 2019 - Level 3 Diploma Life Coaching
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Traditional Counselling - There is an initial consultation fee of £40
Subsequent session fees are £50 per hour for sessions at Honiley.
Sessions are typically 1 hour in duration.
When I work
Mon - Friday 4.30 - 6.30