Emma Williams MBACP, BA (Hons)
SEDA Counselling & Psychotherapy
Unit E13a Holly Court
Holly Farm Business Park
0778 063 3126 (week days up to 7.30 p.m.)
I am a qualified, BACP accredited, person-centred therapist; I work in a strongly person-centred way, often working long-term with complex issues. Although short term counselling is always available, and can also be very effective for some people; a few sessions can often be enough to enable them to start noticing changes in their lives.
As well as what you might call the classic 'talking therapy' there is often a creative aspect to my work, many people experience this way of working as very therapeutic and healing.
So the option is there to work in this way should you be interested;-Person-centred creative therapy provides a means to express inner emotions or feelings through the use of artistic media such as writing, metaphor, art, imagery, sculpture, or a combination of any of these. It allows you to pay attention to your internal world and to give expression to it; to bring the 'inside' - feelings, emotions and senses ‘out’ - so you can start to make sense of them - is maybe a helpful way to explain it.
I have over 18 years' experience of dealing with and working through issues relating to chaotic eating and eating disorders. As well as working in this field I also work as a part-time pre/post therapy support worker/counsellor for an organisation in Coventry. Previously I have worked in many areas of counselling for various agencies including the N.H.S and charity organisations as a volunteer counsellor.
Areas of counselling:
- Anger Management
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Binge-Eating Disorder
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Drug Abuse
- Eating Disorders
- Emotional Abuse
- Generalised Anxiety
- Low Self-Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Personality Disorders
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Self Harm
- Work Related Issues
Training, qualifications & experience
- Southampton - Future training - Diploma - Nutiriton Specialist
- RSVP - Three day intensive course, foundation skills helpline volunteering.
- RSVP/The Helplines Association - Three, one day workshops, level 1, 2 and 3 attained.
- Safeline - skills for helpline workers.
- Marie Curie - Adult and Child Loss and Bereavement Training. (6 days intensive course).
- Therapy Challenges CPD - Working with Eating Disorders.
- Valley House - Safeguarding Children (in-house training).
- The Olive Tree Training on Introduction and Awareness to Personality Disorder.
- The Olive Tree Training on Understanding Personality Disorder.
- The University of Warwick - Reflection, journals and the written word.
- University of Warwick - Foundation Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- University of Warwick - BA Hons Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
2012-2013 - The University of Warwick CPD (the following 4 x 3 day modules):
- Creative Approaches to working with clients in Person-centred approach
- Counselling clients who have psychological disorders & mental health issues
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who have been sexually, physically or emotionally abused
- Working drug and alcohol addiction.
- 2013 - Birmingham University - Working with clients with Eating Disorders
- 2013 - Valley House - Advanced Safeguarding Children
- 2014 - Bower House - Understanding Eating Disorders Workshop
- 2014 - Worked as Co-counsellor - team member with Helena Wilkinson - Eating Disorder 7 day Residential course
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
There is an initial consultation fee of £20 which is charged to cover costs.
Subsequent session fees are £45 per hour for sessions at Honiley.
Sessions are typically 1 hour in duration.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon to Thurs - 8.30 am to 6.00 pm Friday - 8.30 am to 5.00 pm