Emma Williams MBACP, BA (Hons)
SEDA counselling is currently closed due to health issues - Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Southampton - Future training - Diploma - Nutiriton Specialist
- RSVP - Three day intensive course, foundation skills helpline volunteering.
- RSVP/The Helplines Association - Three, one day workshops, level 1, 2 and 3 attained.
- Safeline - skills for helpline workers.
- Marie Curie - Adult and Child Loss and Bereavement Training. (6 days intensive course).
- Therapy Challenges CPD - Working with Eating Disorders.
- Valley House - Safeguarding Children (in-house training).
- The Olive Tree Training on Introduction and Awareness to Personality Disorder.
- The Olive Tree Training on Understanding Personality Disorder.
- The University of Warwick - Reflection, journals and the written word.
- University of Warwick - Foundation Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- University of Warwick - BA Hons Degree in Person Centered Counselling and Psychotherapy.
2012-2013 - The University of Warwick CPD (the following 4 x 3 day modules):
- Creative Approaches to working with clients in Person-centred approach
- Counselling clients who have psychological disorders & mental health issues
- Counselling and Psychotherapy with clients who have been sexually, physically or emotionally abused
- Working drug and alcohol addiction.
- 2013 - Birmingham University - Working with clients with Eating Disorders
- 2013 - Valley House - Advanced Safeguarding Children
- 2014 - Bower House - Understanding Eating Disorders Workshop
- 2014 - Worked as Co-counsellor - team member with Helena Wilkinson - Eating Disorder 7 day Residential course
- 2016 - Diploma CBT University of West Scotland (Ongoing)
- 2017 - Working with Children and Young People
- 2017 - Trust Technique on line training
- 2018 - Introduction to Equine Facilitated Psychotherapy
- 2018 - Working therapeutically with horses-Horses Helping People
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
Traditional Counselling - There is an initial consultation fee of £25 which is charged to cover costs.
Subsequent session fees are £50 per hour for sessions at Honiley.
Sessions are typically 1 hour in duration.
Equine Facilitated Therapy -
Sessions are typically 1 hour in duration and fees are £50 per hour, sessions are based at yard in Over Whitacre, near Shustoke.
* Group sessions are also available for up to four participants.
'Walk and Talk' Therapy -
Sessions are typically 1 hour in duration and fees are £45 per hour, sessions can be based either around Honiley area or around Over Whitacre area, near Shustoke.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client