Ellie Church ( Reg. BACP)
I appreciate that it is often very hard to take the first step and ask for help, so I would like to offer you a safe and confidential environment where you will hopefully feel comfortable enough to be able to bring your thoughts, and personal difficulties; I am interested in whatever you wish to bring. And by sharing your concerns we can work through them together and try to make sense of them. We will hopefully build an effective and trusting working relationship which may provide the catalyst for a positive change in your life enabling you to reach the right choices and solutions.
Counselling and Psychotherapy can help in the management of a wide range of issues like anxiety, depression or bereavement. It allows you the opportunity of talking about the difficulties that you are facing and thus gain a new perspective on them which will lead to a deeper understanding of yourself.
I have a background in Education and have worked for many years with young people as well as adults and the elderly. I have worked as a counsellor in a Secondary School with 11-16 yr olds and also have experience in working with disabled clients particularly those with vision impairment.
I am an Integrative Counsellor which means that I have been trained in more than one approach and can thus adapt my way of working to suit your needs. I work in a non-directive manner because I recognise that you know yourself better than anyone else.
Please come and meet me for an initial session, to discuss your issues and decide if you would like to move forward. Or drop me an email if you would like further information or have any questions.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Place2Be: Speech Lang & Communications Training
- Place2Be: Working with Secondary School aged young people Training
- Hertfordshire Vision Loss: Sight Awareness Course
- First Aid Training
- Addiction Training: Working with Obesity, Anorexia & Bulimia
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Fees: £40 - £45 (50 minutes)
There is ample, free parking available.
I have Public Liability Insurance
I adhere to the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists policies; procedures; ethics; legislation; code of conduct and complaints procedure.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|