Ellie Church Counsellor & Psychotherapist MBACP (Reg)
I appreciate that for many of us (including myself), asking for help is sometimes not an easy step to take. The prospect of opening up and sharing your thoughts and feelings with someone else is quite a leap of faith. So if you have not experienced counselling before you may be wondering what to expect
I would like to offer you a safe and comfortable space where we can talk, get to know each other and build a trusting relationship. And when you are ready, we can start to explore and make sense of your thoughts and personal difficulties, working entirely at your own pace. Some days you may have lots to bring and talk about and other days you may be quiet and reflective in your own thoughts.
Hopefully, in the fullness of time, our work together will provide the catalyst for a positive change in your life, enabling you to reach decisions and choices that are right for you.
Counselling and Psychotherapy can be enormously beneficial in the management of a range of issues that affect many of us, every day. For example depression, stress, anxiety or bereavement. By talking and exploring our past experiences and relationships, we can often gain a new and fresh perspective on our issues which can lead to a deeper understanding of ourselves.
I have a background in teaching, and presently also work as a counsellor in a Secondary School. I also have experience in working with disabled clients particularly those with a vision impairment.
I am an Integrative Counsellor which means that I have been trained in more than one approach, (Person Centred and Psychodynamic) and can thus adapt my way of working to suit your needs. I work in a non-directive manner because I recognise that you know yourself better anyone else.
So do please take that leap of faith and call or email me. We can have an initial chat to discuss your needs and I can answer any questions that you may have.
I am a Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists).
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered Member of the BACP (British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists)
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Understanding Substance Misuse
- Place2Be: Speech Lang & Communications Training
- Place2Be: Working with Secondary School aged young people Training
- Hertfordshire Vision Loss: Sight Awareness Course
- First Aid Training
- Addiction Training: Working with Obesity, Anorexia & Bulimia
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Fees: £40 - £45 (50 minutes)
There is ample, free parking available.
I have Public Liability Insurance
I adhere to the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists policies; procedures; ethics; legislation; code of conduct and complaints procedure.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|