Barnsbury Therapy Rooms
144 Liverpool Road
07971 472377 / 07496 387013
Whether it's a period of transition, a challenging relationship or just a sense of feeling stuck, I provide a safe and confidential environment for people to talk through their difficulties, receive support, explore options and learn new skills to help deal with the challenges of life.
When working with you I see you as an individual with your own unique set of experiences and life history. It may be that you have a particular issue, problem, behaviour or goal that you wish to work on – or perhaps you’re experiencing a more general sense of stuckness, anxiety, depression or burnout.
I will work with you to develop new strategies for managing and relating to difficult or unwanted patterns of behaviour and explore how you can respond to yourself and to others in a way that is more satisfying for you.
As a father of two children and for many years working freelance in the design, arts and technology industries I feel particularly attuned to the modern day challenges of juggling multiple roles and the sometimes competing demands of work and family.
I provide counselling and psychotherapy in north London working from Barnsbury Therapy Rooms in Islington a short walk from Highbury and Islington station.
My practice calls upon a range of therapeutic models including Gestalt, Transactional Analysis, Formative & Existential and I am influenced by the work of Carl Rogers, Stanley Keleman, Fritz Perls, Virginia Satir Irvin, Yalom and John Sarno.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Spectrum Two Year Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Spectrum Clinical Skills
- Spectrum Postgraduate Certificate in Psychotherapy
- Spectrum One Year Course in Psychotherapy
- Spectrum Continuation Course
- Spectrum Basic Sexuality Course
- Sepctrum Clinical Skills Seminar Series
- Spectrum Counselling Skills Course
- Anger Management (British Association of Anger Management)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
£60 an hour.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays 5pm & Wednesdays 12pm, 2pm and 3pm.
Types of client