I am a qualified and insured Therapeutic Counsellor and a Registered Member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP reg number 384909). My pronouns are she/her.
I trained as a counsellor after experiencing first-hand just how transformative it can be.
I offer face-to-face, phone, video, text and email counselling sessions. I work with people aged 12 and above. I have risk assessed face-to-face work with regards to COVID-19 and have implemented procedures to make working with my clients as safe as possible - get in touch for my latest policies.
I offer daytime and evening appointments.
My approach to counselling is Person-Centred, which means I strive to create an environment that is non-judgemental and empathic and that I value my clients and their experience. I offer warmth, integrity and acceptance to my clients.
Before I trained as a counsellor, I remember it being really important to me that my counsellor listened to me and understood things from my perspective, without trying to be the all-knowing expert. That's how I like to work with my clients now - I know they are the expert on how their life is and how it feels to be them. I am there to provide the space and right environment for them to be able to look at whatever it is they want to work on, facilitating their growth and working alongside them.
What to expect when we first speak/meet
- We would discuss your needs and arrange an introductory session, this is sometimes called an assessment.
- The introductory session is usually around 50 minutes.
- It gives you the opportunity to decide if I am the right counsellor for you.
There is no obligation to continue on to counselling with me after the introductory session.
- If you decide to start counselling with me then we will meet weekly.
- Sessions that are face-to-face, by phone, video or text are 50 minutes long.
- Email sessions are weekly and have a word limit rather than a time limit.
There is more information on the practical steps for each method of counselling on my website or of course I’m happy to answer any questions you may have by email or phone. I look forward to speaking to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I hold a Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- I am undertaking a post qualification diploma in working with Eating Disorders.
- Other recent training includes: Online and Telephone Counselling, CIS Normative Society, Heteronormative Society, Gender and Sex, Gender Neutral Pronouns, Suicidal Ideation in LGBTQ Clients, Relational Depth, Trauma and Pluralistic Counselling.
- As well as working in private practice I also volunteer as a counsellor at a charity.
- I have previously worked at a mental health charity and also taught counselling skills.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Introductory session - £25 (50 minutes)
- Face-to-face - £45* per session (50 minutes)
- Video Call - £45* per session (50 minutes)
- Phone - £45* per session (50 minutes)
- Text - £45* per session (50 minutes)
- Email - £45* per session (50 minutes)
*I offer a £10 per session reduction in fees, on remote sessions, for those on an income/benefits of under £20,000 a year.
*I also offer 12 fully-funded counselling sessions for one client at a time. Eligibility is based on income - contact me to discuss your individual circumstances. I operate a waiting list for this service.
Please note – my fees are liable to change and existing clients will have fair notice if prices are due to change.
Concessions offered for
Wednesdays (9-6), Thursdays (9-8) and Fridays (5-9).