Alma Griffith. Adv. Prof.Dip. PC (Acred), Reg NCS, IEMT & NLP Prac.
Are you experiencing difficulties in your life right now and are anxious about your future? It could be that you have tried to overcome certain situations yourself but nothing seems to work. You are not alone and sometimes with some counselling it can help you to find the solutions that you need to move on with your life.
You maybe experiencing some form of:
- Physical or Psychological abuse
- Alcohol or drugs related issues
- Eating disorders
- Relationship issues or Marriage problems
- Anxiety or Depression
You may have some underlying 'limiting beliefs' that maybe preventing you from succeeding or achieving what otherwise might be possible for you. You may feel you can't accomplish something because you have a belief that says: 'I'm not good enough, not lovable enough or not worthy enough', DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR? These types of beliefs stop us from trying to succeed they are very common but are they real? Because I'm sure you have succeeded at somethings!
Whatever the problem counselling will allow you to discuss your problem and any difficult feelings or thoughts you may encounter in a safe and confidential environment.
How counselling can help you?
Counselling is a 'talking therapy' that offers a number of flexible multi-model approaches to help and meet your needs. Problems can be temporal, having formed in the past, but is now having an impact in the present and on their future. Counselling allows you to explore your behaviours, feelings and thought processes, guiding you to take positive steps to resolve the issues through understanding and behavioural change, so that you can take back control, empower yourself and look towards a positive future.
What to expect in your first session?
Initially I offer a FREE 20 minute phone call, this will allow you to talk about what you hope to achieve from the counselling sessions. We would then schedule an appointment lasting an hour where we will explore the nature of the problem in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. As an experienced therapist I use an integrated approach to suit your needs and as we continue to work together usually hourly sessions I may use a number of different therapies such as hypnotherapy, life coaching, NLP (near-linguistic programming), IEMT and Time Line therapy, as well as the counselling. I also offer nutritional advice as the mind and body work together!
I run a busy Private practice in Tadworth Surrey with plenty of parking and a train service (Tadworth) 10 minutes walk away.
Whatever the problem there is a solution - I know because just like you I have experienced some of these issues and overcome them..............
Here is my story:
My journey started many years ago with a belief that I wasn’t 'good enough’ a belief I now realise dominates many of us. This belief used to affect my life in many different ways and stopped me from believing in myself. In relationships when things went wrong I used to blame myself and say it was my fault because 'I wasn’t good enough' or 'I wasn't loveable enough'. When I didn't get that job I used to say 'i'm not clever enough'...... ever had that feeling? But things happen don't they and it's not always about us!
The more I reinforced these beliefs the more I believed it and yet there was something in me that wanted to challenge these belief, and just like you I needed help!
I took my first steps on a journey of discovery I had counselling, I studied ‘NLP’ behavioural change and ‘Life coaching’ strategies for change. This gave me the opportunity to explore my 'limiting beliefs' and realised that everyone has within them the means and power to change but only when you start to see or experience things in a different way.
I proved this to myself when I walked the ‘Fire Walk’ at a life changing weekend seminar. WHY did I walk the Fire Walk? to prove to myself I could do it. The Fire Walk is a metaphor, to empower you, if you can walk it you can do anything in your life.
It is only our beliefs that stop us from achieving the life we want! Once we start seeing life in a different way sometimes through other people's perspective, then we can start to create the life we want. This whole experience has completely changed my life for the better and I no longer have those old beliefs.
I have been working with clients for many years now using my experience and suggesting that obstacles are an opportunity for change, counselling and coaching with the varies techniques I offer will help you to make those changes.
Do you want to know more? Checkout my website: www.Mindserenity.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
I am continually updating my knowledge in mental health and also nutritional health, I feel it is important to be aware of the latest developments in health and the field of neuroscience. I am dually qualified as a nutritional therapist and psychotherapist to be able to offer both physical and mental health to my clients.
I have been working with Catalyst (drug and alcohol addiction counselling services) in Guildford which is a non-profit organisation working with people who are dealing with issues stemming from drug and alcohol misuse and mental health.
I have also had the privilege of working with the families at Cherry-trees in East Clandon Surrey. They are a small charity providing home for home specialist short breaks for children and young adults aged 0-19 with a range of complex disabilities including autism, asperges, as well as learning, physical and sensory impairments.
- Ad.Dip. Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Accredited by the National Counselling Society)
- Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) - communication and behavioural change therapy
- Master Practitioner in Time Line Therapy & Hypnotherapy (American Board) - Regression therapy
- Certified Life Coach in NLP - Solution focused
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy) - type of complementary therapy that uses hypnosis, which is an altered state of consciousness.
- Licensed Practitioner in (IEMT) Integral Eye Movement Therapy (Andrew T. Austin) - therapy for PTSD, Anxiety, Phobias
- Diploma in Nutritional therapy and dietary therapy - designed to improve health both mentally and physically
Member of: (NCS) (ANLP) (BANT) (CNHC) (NCH) (IEMT)
My most recent projects are:
- Working with drug & alcohol abuse - Catalyst (Guildford)
- Working with parents of children with Autism and Asperger - Cherry-trees (East Clandon)
- Integrated Private practice working with a range of problems both physically and mentally
- Programme Manager for the child obesity programme MEND which stands for Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It. - Working with young overweight/obese children and their families to change their lifestyle and eating habits
Seminars, Public Speaking and Programs:
- Designing the Tiny Tums workshops for the Sure Start nurseries for the under 5's
- Sport Nutritional Workshops in schools
- The 'SLIM' Programme
- Further education in schools
- Practical application of NLP for therapists
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Photos & videos
FREE - Initial 20 minute telephone conversation to discuss the problem.
Consultation fees are £60 per hour, however I do offer concessions with people on low income.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I offer flexible hours including evenings and week-ends (Saturday am)
Types of client