Alma Griffith. Adv. Prof. Dip. PC (Acred), Reg NCS, IEMT & NLP Life Coach
People seek counselling for all sorts of reasons:
- Difficult life events
- Abuse in a relationship, at work or from a friend
- Addictions such as alcohol, drugs, gambling, sex or retail therapy
- Weight management, eating disorders
- Low self-esteem or confidence
- Bereavement, grief or loss of a loved one
- Anxiety, phobias, panic attacks, self-harming
- Marriage or relationships problems - couple counselling
All these issues can have an effect on our mental wellbeing and health, creating stress, anxiety and depression. Embarking upon therapy can be a very rewarding experience.
During this difficult time of uncertainty and self-isolation, many of us will feel anxious and fearful for the future, this may create overwhelming feelings of anxiety. In these videos, you will find a few simple techniques to do at home to help reduce your anxiety and help you to feel safe.
Often clients will come to counselling with underlying self-defeating beliefs that may be preventing them from succeeding or achieving what would otherwise be possible for them. You may feel you can't accomplish something because you have a belief that says: 'I'm not good enough, not lovable enough or not worthy enough' does this sound familiar to you?
Whatever the problem counselling will allow you to discuss your problem and any difficult feelings or thoughts you may encounter in a safe and confidential environment.
How can counselling help you?
Counselling is a 'talking therapy' that offers a number of flexible multi-model approaches to help and meet your needs. Problems can be temporal, having formed in the past, but is now having an impact in the present and possibly on your future. Counselling allows you to explore your behaviours, feelings and thought processes, guiding you to take positive steps to resolve the issues through understanding and behavioural change, so that you can take back control, empower yourself and look towards a positive future.
What to expect throughout your sessions?
Initially I offer a free 20 minute phone call, this will allow you to talk about what you hope to achieve from the counselling sessions. We would then schedule an appointment lasting an hour where we will explore the nature of the problem in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. As an experienced therapist I use an integrated approach to suit your needs offering counselling, life coaching, NLP, IEMT and hypnotherapy for mental health. Plus nutrition for general health and wellbeing. Each session normally last one hour but we can schedule longer sessions if you wish.
Whatever the problem there is a solution - I know because just like you I have experienced some of these issues and overcome them myself.
I have personally experienced the benefit of counselling which is why I'm so passionate about offering a unique combination of counselling, coaching, hypnotherapy, nutritional therapy and IEMT to help with each client's individual needs.
I have been working with clients now for many years and through my experience I have been able to support and actively witness the difference it has made to their lives. Obstacles are an opportunity for change, counselling and coaching with the varies techniques I offer will help you to make those changes.
Why I became a Counsellor
I went for Counselling and NLP life coaching myself and this gave me the opportunity to explore my own 'limiting beliefs' and realised that everyone has within them the means and power to change but only when you start to see or experience things in a different way.
It is only our beliefs that stop us from achieving the life we want! Once we start seeing life in a different way sometimes through other people's perspective, then we can start to create the life we want. This whole experience has completely changed my life for the better and I no longer have those old beliefs.
Get in touch
Do you want to know more? Please checkout my website: www.Mindserenity.co.uk Alternatively, call me on one of the numbers at the top of my profile or email me to arrange your free 20 minute call with me so we can discuss the next steps together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am continually updating my knowledge in mental health and also nutritional health, I feel it is important to be aware of the latest developments in health and the field of neuroscience. I am dually qualified as a nutritional therapist and psychotherapist to be able to offer both physical and mental health to my clients.
I have been working with Catalyst (drug and alcohol addiction counselling services) in Guildford which is a non-profit organisation working with people who are dealing with issues stemming from drug and alcohol misuse and mental health.
I have also had the privilege of working with the families at Cherry-trees in East Clandon Surrey. They are a small charity providing home for home specialist short breaks for children and young adults aged 0-19 with a range of complex disabilities including autism, asperges, as well as learning, physical and sensory impairments.
- Ad. Prof. Dip. Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Accredited by the National Counselling Society)
- Master Practitioner in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) - communication and behavioural change therapy
- Master Practitioner in Time Line Therapy & Hypnotherapy (American Board) - Regression therapy
- Certified Life Coach in NLP - Solution focused
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (Surrey Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy) - type of complementary therapy that uses hypnosis, which is an altered state of consciousness.
- Licensed Practitioner in (IEMT) Integral Eye Movement Therapy (Andrew T. Austin) - therapy for PTSD, Anxiety, Phobias
- Diploma in Nutritional therapy and dietary therapy - designed to improve health both mentally and physically
Member of: (NCS) (ANLP) (BANT) (CNHC) (NCH) (IEMT)
My most recent projects are:
- Working with drug & alcohol abuse - Catalyst (Guildford)
- Working with parents of children with Autism and Asperger - Cherry-trees (East Clandon)
- Integrated Private practice working with a range of problems both physically and mentally
- Programme Manager for the child obesity programme MEND which stands for Mind, Exercise, Nutrition, Do It. - Working with young overweight/obese children and their families to change their lifestyle and eating habits
Seminars, Public Speaking and Programs:
- Designing the Tiny Tums workshops for the Sure Start nurseries for the under 5's
- Sport Nutritional Workshops in schools
- The 'SLIM' Programme
- Further education in schools
- Practical application of NLP for therapists
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
FREE - Initial 20 minute telephone conversation to discuss the problem.
Consultation fees for individuals £60 per hour
Couple counselling £80 an hour
Concessions on block bookings of 6 or more sessions
I run a busy Private practice in Tadworth Surrey with plenty of parking and a train service (Tadworth) 10 minutes walk away.
I was in a dark place when I started counselling and wasn't sure where to start, there were so many things I needed to un-pack but you were there listening to me, encouraging me and sharing/walking alongside me on my journey through life. Thank you Alma you have been an inspiration (HT Surrey)
I can't thank you enough Alma for walking into my life at just the right time and being with me on my journey for the last 9 months of counselling. I have learnt so much but still have so much to learn (NS Surrey)