Hello my name is Therese
Just a little bit about me, as well as being an Integrative Counsellor, I am a wife, and mother of two grown up children. I have always had a love of working with people. and I think that's why I developed an Interest in how physical health and Psychological wellbeing are linked.
It is a big decision deciding to come to see a Counsellor, but I want to assure you that you will be put at ease and you don't have to share more than what you are ready to, The sessions will be led by you the client.
Most of my working life prior to becoming a Counsellor has been supporting Individuals through difficult challenges in their lives. I trained particularly as an Integrative Counsellor so that I am able to bring together different elements of specific therapies which Include:
Person-Centred, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Psychodynamic Therapy and Creative Interventions.
It is Important to me that the Counselling I offer is helpful and effective and gives the best results for the client.
I believe you as the client should be treated as an individual and the Counselling tailored to your needs and personal circumstances.
You as the client will be placed at the centre of my service and treated as a person first, ensuring your mental and emotional wellbeing is placed as a priority in any work we do.
Your Counselling sessions will be held in a comfortable warm setting ensuring privacy and confidentiality at all times.
There will be no charge for your first Initial assessment lasting approx (30 mins)
Training, qualifications & experience
Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC) registered
Open College Network (OCN) Level 4 Diploma
Open University (OU) Telephone/Online Counselling
- 15 years experience in working with Domestic Abuse
- 20 years experience working with Mental Health, Addictions, Sexual Abuse, Trauma, Grief, Anger, Suicide, Self Harm.
- Experience in working with clients having problems in their relationships
- Vast experience in Coaching and Mentoring
- Experience In supporting health and wellbeing In Vulnerable Adults and Children
- Experience in working with clients going through the criminal Justice system
Association for Christian Counsellors (ACC)
The Association of Christian Counsellors is a professional body representing and setting standards for Christian counselling and care in the UK. The organisation is made up of various different membership categories, including Counsellor and Accredited, and requires all members working as counsellors to undertake Continuous Professional Development on a regular basis.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I offer a free Initial Assessment ( 30 min)
£45.00 per 60 minute session, payable through BACS or cash on the day.
The sessions are available Face to Face, Zoom/Online or Telephone.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Working with Anger
- Sex In Counselling
- Beliefs, Values and Attitudes
- Online and Telephone Counselling
- Emotion Focused Therapy
- Self-concept In Person-Centred Therapy
- working with Complex Mental Health
- Working with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Key concepts In Transactional Analysis
- Bereaved through Suicide
- Suicide Awareness
- working with Survivors of Domestic Abuse
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Creativity In Counselling
- Understand and working with Attachment styles
- Working with Trauma/Grief
- Understanding Postnatal Depression
- Understanding Schizophrenia
- Understanding Phobias
- Working with those grieving through the loss of a child.
- Trauma through Abortion
- Understanding Dementia
- Pluralistic Counselling
- Single session Therapy
- Working with Immediacy
- ACT Matrix
- Complex Trauma
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM)
- Self Neglect
- Creative Learning
- Working with Vulnerable Adults