Call me 07428220497, or email me on email@example.com to set up an initial, no-obligation session.
When we talk, we can see if we work well together.
If you are happy after this session, we can look at a regular date to meet.
I usually see clients weekly, but some prefer to meet fortnightly.
- I am a fully qualified counsellor based in Winterbourne, Bristol.
- I regularly work with both adults and children.
- I am a member of the National Counselling Society.
- I trained on a BACP approved course, at the University of the West of England.
- I am also a part-time teacher.
- Prior to counselling, I worked as an art teacher for over twenty-five years, with mainstream and disabled pupils.
- I have worked at Cruse Bereavement Care as a volunteer, then professional counsellor since 2013.
- I perform within the arts in a variety of areas, including music and puppetry.
- I receive monthly supervision for my work.
- I have full Public Liability Insurance. I have enhanced DBS disclosure.
How I work:
I offer a safe and confidential setting for you to explore your worries and concerns. I am a qualified, integrative counsellor.
I use the Person Centred approach as the basis for my work.
1) Unconditional Positive Regard: where I approach all clients with the same basic assumption. You are a valuable person, who regardless of how you feel about yourself, is important to me.
2) Empathy: where I work to understand where you are coming from and how you got there.
3) Congruence: I believe it is important to be congruent or truthful with you when we work together. I hope to help you understand yourself so you can move forwards independently in future.
In addition to this method, I have trained in other approaches, such as Psychodynamic Counselling, Gestalt Therapy, Solution Focussed Therapy and Transactional Analysis. I like to bring these and creative ways of working into our sessions to offer a flexible and personalised service to you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Drama and English. Middlesex University.
- PGCE Drama in Education, University of Central England, at Birmingham.
- Certificate in Professional Studies in Education, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- MA (Ed) SEN, University of The West of England, Bristol.
- Certificate in Professional Studies , Counselling, University of The West of England, Bristol.
- Diploma in Professional Studies, Counselling, University of The West of England, Bristol.
- Network Counselling: Being There: Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Awareness in Bereavement Care, Foundation Course
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Working With Children/ Young People.
- University of the West of England. Certificate In Professional Skills, Counselling.
- University of the West of England. Diploma In Professional Skills, Counselling
- Cruse Bereavement Care:Holding a Space for Your Client.
- Cruse Bereavement Care:Recording Notes in Client Work
- University of the West of England: Transactional Analysis 101
- Cruse Bereavement Care: Solution Focussed Therapy for Clients at Risk of Suicide
- Lois Tonkin: Effective Support for Grieving People
- Cruse Bereavement Care:Introduction to Art Therapy
- British Association of Play Therapists: Introduction To Sand Play Therapy
- Network Counselling: De-mystifying Borderline Personality Disorder
- Network Counselling: Self Care for Counsellors.
- Winston’s Wish: Understanding The Needs of Bereaved Children and Young People
- South West Psychotherapy: Setting Up Your Own Counselling Practice.
- Network Counselling: Working With Trauma In The Counselling Room
- Cruse: Being With the Client and Working Creatively.
- Art For Our Sake: Using the Arts to Support People With Mental Illness. Conference.
- Karl Gregory: Mental Illness Diagnosis.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I charge £40 per session.
If you are registered disabled, (a Blue Badge User) you will have a 10% discount on sessions.
I have a range of possible daytime and evening appointments.