I am a BACP registered counsellor, and I adhere to their Ethical Code of Practice.
This means that my work is regularly clinically supervised, and I ensure strict confidentiality.
My training is in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis, although I use a variety of different modalities in my practice.
I continue to attend professional seminars, workshops, and other training to ensure that my personal and professional development remain current.
I offer long term face to face therapy, or short term, solution focused therapy, if preferred.
I have a number of years experience of working with individuals with a range of issues including anxiety, depression, difficult relationships with food, stress, anger, loss and bereavement (including pet bereavement), addictive behaviours, as well as family/work/relationship issues.
In my experience, people make the decision to come to counselling for many reasons, and I understand that it can feel very daunting to embark on a journey of this kind.
However, I believe that just being able to talk about your thoughts and feelings can often bring great relief, and that this experience can be life changing.
I view the counselling relationship as a collaborative one, in which you, the client, are the expert in your own life, and my role is to provide you with a warm, supportive, non judgemental, safe space from which, together, we can explore the issues that are troubling you.
I look forward to hearing from you, if you feel that the time may be right to take the first steps on your journey.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling Based in Transactional Analysis.
- Diploma In Counselling Skills
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- 2019 StopSO 3 Day Training Course, Southampton.
- 2019 The Secure Base in the Room: Attachment Theory as a Paradigm for Psychological Therapies. (Gwen Adshead, Basingstoke Counselling Service.)
- 2019 Working safely and professionally with erotic transference and counter-transference.
- (Sally Openshaw, BACP)
- 2018 Trauma, the body, and the nervous system-implications for therapy. (Graham Music, Counselling in Andover & NW Hants)
- 2018 Understanding and Recognising Sex and Porn Addiction (Paula Hall, The Laurel
- 2018 Exploring Dreams Workshop (Diane Hardiman, HACP)
- 2018 Family Therapy and Family Dynamics Workshop (HACP)
- 2017 Working Safely and Therapeutically with Domestic Abuse (BACP)
- 2017 Self Harm and Self Care, and the way between, (Dr Maggie Turp HACP)
- 2016 Cis’ters 3 day Training Course: The impact of sexual exploitation/abuse.
- 2016 British Psychotherapy Foundation Wessex Training Lecture: Countertransference experiences in working with traumatised patients.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
I believe that the therapeutic relationship itself is the foundation stone on which all good counselling is built, so I offer a free 30 minute initial consultation so that we can find out a little about each other, and decide if we would like to work together.
£45 per 50 min weekly session
£40 for Trainee Counsellors
Fully insured, ICO registered, and DBS checked.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Thurs 9am-4pm; 6.30-8.30pm
Types of client