Rosie Freeman BSc, Dip, Ad Dip, MBACP
Counselling can sometimes seem like a daunting process at first. I aim to create a safe space not just physically but also within a trusting relationship in which you can talk about and explore all aspects of your life without any judgment or criticism. There is no set way to "do counselling", you will be encouraged to talk about what has brought you to therapy, what is currently affecting you, your thoughts and feelings.
My main training is within Psychodynamic counselling which aims to look at how our early life experiences shape the way we view ourselves, the world and others in our lives. I aim to draw on these patterns and encourage you to observe and reflect on your own thoughts, emotions and beliefs. Where appropriate I may draw on other models of therapy such as CBT. Counselling can help with issues such as anxiety, depression, trauma, self-esteem, identity, sexuality, bereavement, loss, stress, relationship difficulties, attachment issues, work related stress, and anger.
I am able to offer both short term (6-10 session) and open ended long term therapy. Sessions will be at the same time each week and last 50 minutes.
I feel very strongly that it is the counselling relationship that helps to effect change so I think it is important to see whether you feel comfortable working with me. I encourage clients to have an initial meeting to explore what has brought them to counselling and whether they feel my approach is right for them.
I am currently converting a building at my home into a comfortable and private counselling room. Whilst construction is underway I am able to rent a room just outside of the city centre in Peterborough. Alternatively, if it is difficult for you to attend sessions physically I am able to offer online counselling using Skype.
Please visit my website for further information about my counselling practice.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Hons Psychology 2005-2009
- Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling 2015-2017
- Advanced Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling 2017-2019
- Registered Member of BACP: 374895
- 3/10/12 SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SERVICE CBT - Working with Substance Misuse
- 12 &13/9/12 SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SERVICE CBT - Working with Anger Problems
- 31/8/12 DIVISION OF CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGY -Integrative formulation Pre- Qualification Group Workshop
- 24/07/12 TAVISTOCK CLINIC - Psychodynamic Understanding of Psychotic Disorders
- 23/07/12 TAVISTOCK CLINIC - Psychodynamic Work with Personality Disordered Patients
- 24/4/12 SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SERVICE CBT -Working with Deliberate Self Harm
- Nov/11 SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SERVICE CBT -Introductory Course
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 6pm - 9pm
Tuesday 7:30am - 9pm
Wednesday 7pm - 9pm
Thursday 7pm - 9pm
Types of client