Rebecca Pollard Dip Couns,BA Hons, MBACP (ACCRED) Counsellor and Supervisor
I am an experienced BACP accredited counsellor and supervisor with 20 years experience of working with young people, adults, families and professionals. I am also a qualified and accredited VIG practitioner - specialising in relational work between parent and child.
I have a great deal of experience working with trauma, childhood abuse, bereavement, bullying, attachment and relational/family work, as well as more general issues of anxiety,stress, depression and anger. I worked for 14 years at the NSPCC so have specialist knowledge of young people's and family issues.
I hope to provide a warm and safe space to help you to explore whatever issue brings you to counselling. Understanding that people need to work at their own pace, I try to facilitate people to work through issues and bring about the changes they want to see.
I have trained in person centred counselling, but now use many different approaches including psychodynamic, CBT, brief therapy, creative therapies and trauma based therapy, as I aim to tailor my approach to what best serves each person.
What to expect from Counselling? I can understand it may feel hard to get started, but if you ring me, or email me we can have a chat about the reasons you are thinking of coming for counselling. We would then agree an initial session, which would last for 1 hour, during this time we would agree future dates and times to meet, either weekly, fortnightly or monthly. I could also help you to think about how you want to use the counselling space and what issues or changes you want to deal with.
I am an experienced and qualified supervisor, covering both adult and CYP work. Due to my background at the NSPCC where I supervised counsellors dealing with children and young people's issues I feel this is a specialism. I am now clinical lead for a counselling charity in Stockport where I continue to supervise a range of counsellors, overseeing children and young people's work, adult and IAPT Work.
I am keen to support supervisees and understand the complexities of the work. I aim to encourage reflective practice, using a range of approaches and offer a warm, relaxed and contained relationship. Underpinning my work is both attachment theory and trauma theories. I am interested in counsellor self care, burnout and stress and working creatively in the supervisory space.
As well as counsellor Supervision I also offer management supervision for people in Schools, and organizations in related fields.
I offer both 1-1 supervision and group supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Education and professional qualifications -
- Certificate in counselling
- Diploma in Counselling - Accredited BACP
- Certificate in Supervision
- BA Honours- Psychology/ Social Policy
- VIG - accredited practitioner
Continued personal development and Training;
- 2019 - Child Protection domestic abuse training
- 2019 - Gender and Diversity Training
- 2019 - Safer Recruitment Safeguarding Training
- 2019 - Supervisor Creative CPD
- 2019 - Self - care Training
- 2018 - Prevent training
- 2018 - Attachment Interventions for children, teenagers and adults
- 2018 - Adverse Childhood Experiences, attachment, trauma and resiliance.
- 2017 - Safeguarding for Supervisors and Refresher courses
- 2017 - Embodied training for Supervisors
- 2017 - Ethical framework training
- 2017 - Mental Capacity Training
- 2017 - Constellations Systems
- 2016 - Safeguarding children and adults
- 2016 - Restoritive Practice
- 2016 - Attachment and the Supervisory relationship
- 2015 - Suicide and supervising counsellors with suicidal clients
- 2014 - Child development
- 2013 - Self care for counsellors
- 2013 - Mindfulness and meditation
- 2012 - Supervision skills
- 2011 - Safeguarding courses- these are ongoing
- 2010 - Training and presentation skills
- 2009 - Brief solution focused therapy
- 2008 - Psychodrama and creative working in miniatures
- 2007 - Sexual abuse
- 2006 - Total Respect- training for trainers
- 2005 - Neglect training
- 2004 - Groupwork training
- 2003 - Communicating with children and young people who have experienced abuse or neglect
- 2002 - Attachment and Psychopathology
- 2001 - Childhood trauma, abuse and treatment.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with attachment issues, Adverse Childhood experiences and how to develop resilience.
I work creatively using art and miniatures.
I have a solid understanding of safeguarding and how this relates specifically for counsellors, particularly in relation to CYP issues.
Individual counselling sessions 1 hour - £45
Supervision sessions 1 hour - £50
Group sessions 1 hour - £50
For individual counselling sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
As a counsellor and supervisor I would work with you, trying my best to support you through the issues you bring. I am a warm, honest, humorous and thoughtful person, and bring these qualities with me into the counselling room, hoping that through our relationship you can make the positive changes you would like to see in your life.
Please feel free to ring me for a chat if you are unsure what to expect from counselling, or you have any questions. If I cannot answer straight away I will call you back as soon as I can.
I work from home in a ground floor space in a peaceful rural environment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training