Rebecca Pollard Dip Couns,BA Hons, MBACP (ACCRED) Counsellor and Supervisor
I am an experienced BACP accredited counsellor and supervisor with 17 years experience of working with young people, adults and families. I am also a qualified and accredited VIG practitioner - specialising in relational work between parent and child.
I have a great deal of experience working with trauma, childhood abuse, bereavement, bullying, attachment and relational/family work, as well as more general issues of anxiety,stress, depression and anger. I worked for 14 years at the NSPCC so have specialist knowledge of young people's and family issues.
I hope to provide a warm and safe space to help you to explore whatever issue brings you to counselling. Understanding that people need to work at their own pace, I try to facilitate people to work through issues and bring about the changes they want to see.
I have trained in person centred counselling, but now use many different approaches including psychodynamic, CBT, brief therapy, creative therapies and trauma based therapy, as I aim to tailor my approach to what best serves each person.
What to expect from Counselling? I can understand it may feel hard to get started, but if you ring me, or email me we can have a chat about the reasons you are thinking of coming for counselling. We would then agree an initial session, which would last for 1 hour, during this time we would agree future dates and times to meet, either weekly or fornightly or monthly. I could also help you to think about how you want to use the counselling space and what issues or changes you want to deal with.
I am a qualified supervisor and have supervised counsellors at the NSPCC for a number of years, dealing with children and young people's issues and feel this is a specialism. I am now clinical lead for a counselling charity in Stockport where I continue to supervise a range of counsellors, overseeing children and young people's work, adult and IAPT Work.
I am keen to support supervisees and understand the complexities of the work. I aim to encourage reflective practice, using a range of approaches and offer a warm, relaxed and contained relationship. I am interested in counsellor self care, burnout and stress and working creatively in the supervisory space.
I offer both 1-1 supervision and group supervision.
Training, qualifications & experience
Education and professional qualifications -
- Certificate in counselling
- Diploma in Counselling - Accredited BACP
- Certificate in Supervision
- BA Honours- Psychology/ Social Policy
- VIG - accredited practitioner
Continued personal development and Training
- 2018 - Attachment Interventions for children, teenagers and adults
- 2017 - Safeguarding for Supervisors and Refresher courses
- 2017 - Embodied training for Supervisors
- 2017 - Ethical framework training
- 2017 - Mental Capacity Training
- 2017 - Constellations Systems
- 2016 - Safeguarding children and adults
- 2016 - Restoritive Practice
- 2016 - Attachment and the Supervisory relationship
- 2015 - Suicide and supervising counsellors with suicidal clients
- 2014 - Child development
- 2013 - Self care for counsellors
- 2013 - Mindfulness and meditation
- 2012 - Supervision skills
- 2011 - Safeguarding courses- these are ongoing
- 2010 - Training and presentation skills
- 2009 - Brief solution focused therapy
- 2008 - Psychodrama and creative working in miniatures
- 2007 - Sexual abuse
- 2006 - Total Respect- training for trainers
- 2005 - Neglect training
- 2004 - Groupwork training
- 2003 - Communicating with children and young people who have experienced abuse or neglect
- 2002 - Attachment and Psychopathology
- 2001 - Childhood trauma, abuse and treatment.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I work with attachment issues.
I work creatively using art and miniatures.
Individual counselling sessions 1 hour - £45
Supervision sessions 1 hour - £50
Group sessions 1 hour - £50
For individual counselling sessions can be weekly, fortnightly or monthly.
As a counsellor and supervisor I would work with you, trying my best to support you through the issues you bring. I am a warm, honest, humorous and thoughtful person, and bring these qualities with me into the counselling room, hoping that through our relationship you can make the positive changes you would like to see in your life.
Please feel free to ring me for a chat if you are unsure what to expect from counselling, or you have any questions. If I cannot answer straight away I will call you back as soon as I can.
I work from home in a ground floor space in a peaceful rural environment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
Supervision -.View supervision profile