Rea Pearson, MBACP (Accred), Individuals & Couples Counselling, LGBTQI+, GSRD
Face to Face and Online Appointments Available.
I am an experienced, BACP Accredited, Gender, Sexuality & Relationship Diversity (GSRD) counsellor and relationship therapist with a private therapy practice in Exeter, Devon. I work with individuals and couples both in person at my custom built therapy room and online through video messenger and phone.
- Marriage Counselling & Relationship Therapy
- College & University Students (Concessions available)
- All Sexualities & Genders LGBTQIAP+
- Counselling Students & Trainee Counsellors (Concessions available)
- Couples issues
- Employee Assistance Programmes (EAPs)
- Separation and Divorce
- Affairs, betrayals, sexting
- Depression & Anxiety
- Relationships involving BDSM, kink, D/s, and fetishes
- Gender dysphoria
- Sexual, verbal, & physical abuse
- Alternative relationship styles such as polyamorous relationships
- Sex workers (as a "sex-positive" therapist)
- Supervision for Counsellors and Trainee Counsellors
Regular Session for Individuals or couples £60
Students & NHS workers £55
Trainee Counsellors £45
Professional supervision also available. Please email me for details.
All sessions last 55 minutes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 2020 Level 4 Certificate in EMDR
- 2019 Certificate in Supervision Exeter & East Devon Counselling
- 2019 Certificate in Solution Focussed Brief Therapy
- 2015 Certificate in Psychosexual Studies and the Sexual Relationship at the Tavistock Centre for Couple Relationships
- 2015 Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (450 Hours) at the Iron Mill Institute
- 2014 Certificate in Couples and Relationship Therapy at East Devon Counselling
- 2014 Certificate in Working with LGBT and other Diversities at Living and Life Counselling
- 2012 Certificate in Counselling (90 Hours) at the Iron Mill Institute
I spent a decade working for the NHS so have a huge amount of experience in a health care environment. This is why I offer a discount for all NHS staff.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I enjoy working with individuals as well as couples. I work with clients of all sexualities and genders, and with people who choose alternative lifestyle choices, such as polyamorous relationships and kink/BDSM. I am listed as a "kink aware" therapist. I frequently work with university students, and am happy to provide Skype/Zoom/WhatsApp sessions for students when they are away from Exeter. I offer lower cost counselling to trainee counsellors, and provide professional supervision for therapists and trainees.
From £45.00 to £60.00
Concessions offered for
- Regular Session for Individuals or couples £60
- Students & NHS workers £55
- Trainee Counsellors £45
- Professional supervision also available. Please email me for details.
All sessions last 55 minutes.
All sessions last 55 minutes
For more information, please visit my website: