Nia Williams PG Dip Integrative counselling MBACP
Hello, I am a friendly, down to earth, qualified and experienced integrative counsellor, who is a registered member of the BACP. I am currently offering online individual counselling for anyone over the age of 16. Once Covid 19 restrictions have been lifted I will be offering face to face sessions again.
I work in an integrative way, meaning that my way of working can be tailored to suit you, as everyone has different ways of getting through life. I believe that you are the expert on you and your experiences; through my understanding of human behaviour and relationships, we can gain further understanding of who you are, and how you relate to people. Having the space to explore yourself and your relationships can give you insight into yourself and possibly change in a way that is beneficial to you.
My approach is drawn from several models, including person centred, psychodynamic, existential, humanistic and a small amount of CBT. I believe that the relationship is the most important factor and I will endevour to build trust through providing you with a confidential and non-judgemental space.
I have previously worked in the areas of: domestic abuse; mental health, including mental health advocacy and samaritans; and domiciliary care, which has provided me with an insight into the struggles of life. I have experience of working with trauma, suicidal thoughts, anxiety and depression, as well as with serious mental health problems.
I am interested in creative ways of working, which include using music, photography, art, sandplay, masks, and utilising the natural world.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- MSc Social Science Research Methods (Sociology)
- BSc (Hons) Health and Social Care
- Diploma in Independent Advocacy
- Brief Solution Focused Therapy
- Supporting Clients with Personality Disorders
- Relational Depth in Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Sandplay and Advanced Skills in Sandplay
- Play and Creative Arts Methods in Counselling
- Samaritans Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- Alcohol Brief Intervention
- Young People and Substance Misuse
- Freedom Programme- Domestic Abuse Programme
- Into the Light- Supporting others and growing ourselves, training on sexual abuse recovery
- A Logical Way of Being- screening of training DVD on the reality of Dissociative Identity Disorder and other complex dissociative conditions
- Child Protection level one and two
- Safeguarding and Protection of Children
- Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Adults
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£30-£40 depending on your financial circumstances. Concessions available, please get in touch and ask about this