Naomi O'Connor - PGDip Couns, MBACP, B.Psy (Hons.)
Hi! I am a qualified and experienced BACP registered integrative psychotherapist.
Counselling can help you make sense of your past, re-assess your present and think about the direction you would like your future to head. As a therapist, I am able to provide you with a safe and non-judgemental space, to make sense of your concerns, help facilitate your own insight and explore solutions in a way which has meaning for you.
I provide a service that is uniquely tailored to you and your presenting difficulties. My aim is to support you to explore challenges, painful situations, negative thoughts/behaviours and so forth, that may be preventing you from living your life to the fullest.
- My specialism is working with trauma, anxiety & depression, overthinking & intrusive thoughts, low self-esteem, and emotional distress.
- I also have extensive experience of working with relationship difficulties, abuse, OCD, bereavement and simply feeling stuck.
I am aware that each person is unique so I work in an integrative and relational way where I draw from various counselling approaches and techniques including existential, attachment, CBT, person centred and psychodynamic that will best suit clients’ needs.
You will have the option of doing short or long term sessions depending on your financial situation, and depending on what you aim to get out of counselling.
I am currently only offering online and telephone counselling.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Extensive experience of working with depression, anxiety, relationship difficulties, trauma, abuse, low self-esteem & self-doubt, and simply feeling stuck.
Extensive experience of working with adults with a myriad of learning difficulties.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling – University of Greenwich
- Counselling Certificate- Birkbeck College, London
- Bachelor of Psychology Degree
- Registered BACP member. I work according to the BACP ethics and guidelines.
- Worked as a counsellor with the Improving Access to Psychological Therapies program (IAPT) where I saw adult clients referred by their GP to the IAPT service funded by the NHS.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Career Guidance
- Child or Adolescent
- Chronic Illness
- Chronic Pain
- Coping Skills
- Developmental Disorders
- Domestic Abuse
- Domestic Violence
- Dual Diagnosis
- Eating Disorders
- Family Conflict
- Intellectual Disability
- Internet Addiction
- Learning Disabilities
- Life Transitions
- Marital and Premarital
- Narcissistic Personality
- Obsessive-Compulsive (OCD)
- Peer Relationships
- Pregnancy, Prenatal, Postpartum
- Racial Identity
- School Issues
- Sexual Abuse
- Sleep or Insomnia
- Suicidal Ideation
- Trauma and PTSD
- Weight Loss
- Women's Issues
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
Sessions are £45 per hour. Concessionary rates are available.