Michelle Manzi Adv. Dip. Reg. MBACP (Accred).
I am an experienced counsellor working with a wide range of issues and offer a warm, compassionate, non-judgemental space to explore any issues that may be affecting the way you experience life.
Together we will work to unravel the many things that may have contributed to this and create the change you are hoping for.
Your issues will be unique to you, relevant to both the past and the present, but within this you may recognise some of the following:
- The desire to understand your feelings and responses and make positive changes.
- Feeling stuck in cyclical patterns.
- Struggles with ongoing confused or painful feelings and the desire to develop an understanding of their roots.
- The need to understand rising levels of anxiety, how to manage this and create the opportunity for change.
- How to identify and challenge your own self-criticism and learn to recognise your value and build on your self-esteem.
- The need to please others, sometimes to the detriment of your own needs.
- The desire to share a space with someone who will engage with you fully and help facilitate a journey of change.
Please feel free to contact me to explore how we can work towards creating the change you hope for.
I respect your autonomy and will support you to lead the pace and depth of your own journey, working with the view that the relationship between counsellor and client is key to a successful process and the way we engage with each other is the key to a successful outcome.
I offer warmth, respect, empathy, commitment and confidentiality whilst creating a journey of healing and renewed vision.
I am a registered and accredited member of the BACP and abide by their ethical framework, believing strongly in providing a confidential, trusting and respectful relationship, working to make a difference and provide the support necessary to enable personal growth and change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
- Diploma in Humanistic Intergrative Counselling.
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling.
Registered and accredited member of the BACP.
Further skills training in:
- Time Limited Counselling
- Psychiatry, Psychopathology and Psychodynamics
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Working with Children and Young people
- British sign language level 1, level 2
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Fees are £60 per session with some limited concession spaces available.
Concessions offered for
Please feel free to email and we can arrange a brief chat on the phone to discuss the possibility of starting some counselling and answer any questions you may have.
I think it’s a great idea for people to explore a range of therapists so they can experience who they feel might be a good fit for them.
We may arrange an initial session so you can get a feel of whether you think it might be helpful.