Michaela Rolls Counsellor (Reg.MBACP) Dip.Couns.
- Hello, my name is Michaela, I am a person centred counsellor, with a private counselling room based in a countryside location within easy reach of Shrewsbury, Telford, Wellington and the surrounding areas.
Making the first step towards finding a counsellor can be daunting, I offer a warm, friendly welcome to put you at your ease from the start.
As a person centred counsellor I believe in the potential of everyone. It is a way of counselling that puts the client in the driving seat of what we talk about and where we go. Its a safe, supportive environment to explore the problems you face. This exploration can help you make connections, see the bigger picture and find ways around the things that may be blocking you from moving on from whatever is troubling you.
I moved permanently to Shropshire last year and have enjoyed working with some incredible clients. Before this, I lived in Powys and experienced many different areas of counselling. I enjoy helping people and watching them progress to where they want to be. I can help with low self esteem, low confidence or self worth, bereavement, loss, grief, major life changes, anxiety, depression, support you through caring for others, relationship issues, family conflict as well as other issues.
Former clients testimonials
”Michaela is truly a superb and skilled counsellor” AS
“Mine was a most wonderful experience of person centred therapy, where you allowed me to progess at my own pace with great empathy and nurturing, hence providing me with the opportunity to explore my problems in a safe environment” VP
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 2 Counselling Skills
- Level 3 Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Mind - Mental Health First Aid
- PAVO - Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Certificate - Data Protection
- Volunteer Counsellor - Powys Carers
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
Photos & videos
1 hour session £40
I offer a reduced rate to those on benefits.
From 2015-2017 I was the voice of the victim of gender based abuse for Powys County Council. I was on the interview panel for the Commissioning Manager (Violence Against Women, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence) and co chaired meetings as well as attend events to help make changes to improve services for victims, to increase awareness and help both perpetrators and survivors.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mondays, Tuesday and Thursday from 10am -7pm on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am -2pm
Types of client