Dr May Friedler
Dr May can help you to help yourself:
- Make a choice to take back control of your life, before worry and negativity become entrenched in your consciousness
- Learn a few simple tools to help you cope
- Realise that short term therapy can be effective in helping you regain control of your feelings
- Live your daily life to the full and recognising that we all have a choice to learn how to help ourselves with therapy
Our life every day is about making choices, yet sometimes those choices can overwhelm us and seem beyond our control. Believing we have made the wrong choice often seems confusing, leaving us with nowhere to turn and nobody we feel we can talk to.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist working within the NHS and private practice. My approach to counselling is both welcoming and non-judgemental. I assist clients in establishing their needs with the aim of creating achievable goals to enable them to cope and move on with their lives.
- My areas of expertise include Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy. I am also trained in providing talking therapy for sufferers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Talking therapy can assist in reducing stress and relieving the symptoms of IBS.
- My clients are affected by a range of issues; anxiety, depression, and problems at work or with relationships. I endeavour to provide an environment, which is emotionally challenging but where the client feels understood and safe. I employ a collaborative approach which allows us to develop a shared understanding of the issues and the factors maintaining them.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies
The BABCP is the lead organisation for Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the UK.
Membership is open to anyone with an interest in the practice, theory or development of CBT. BABCP also provides accreditation for CBT therapists.
BABCP accredited members adhere to the Standards of Conduct, Performance and Ethics in the Practice of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies, and are willing to be scrutinised in this adherence as required.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
British Psychological Society
British Psychological Society
Areas of counselling I deal with
The initial assessment session and all subsequent sessions last 50 minutes. If you have private health insurance, all sessions are free.
If you do not have health insurance, we charge £100 for the initial assessment and subsequent sessions, but we can tailor the treatment based on your needs & budget. Payment can be made by cash, credit card or direct bank transfer.
I am available weekday daytimes, weekday evenings & weekends