I am a bilingual counsellor (English-Polish) registered with BACP. I am passionate about helping people change their life experiences from something that brings them down, into these that build them up.
I have 10-year experience in providing therapeutic help to people affected by learning disabilities and sensory loss (sight and hearing). This also includes helping people with neurodiverse presentations – Asperger’s Syndrome and more pronounced forms of autism. Additional clinical training has enabled me to help people affected by eating disorders and disruptive body image.
My approach is integrative and existential. This means that I have created it based on different therapies that naturally fit my personality and my style into a coherent whole. At its center there are themes that are universal and comprise the inescapable part of human life, existential themes. We are all dependent on other people, yet often we feel lonely. We all strive to make our lives meaningful and get depressed when it is not so. We have a finite time to live but can choose to make it worthwhile.
This is where I can help. Understanding you and your problems in all their complexities is the first step. This is how I endeavour to make the therapy a safe, confidential and creative place to aid you with difficulties that life has thrown your way.
I am an Associate Counselor with PAM Wellbeing Group. Recently, I have provided counselling service to Helen Kegie Center for Therapies in Newport and Cruse Bereavement Care (Cardiff and Vale Branch) and worked extensively in third sector (Citizens Advice Bureau)
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Gestalt Fundamentals. Gestalt Centre Wales
- Advanced Diploma in Intersubjective Counselling
- Advanced Certificate in Eating Disorders
- Postgraduate Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy. BACP Accredited
- Focusing Course. British Focusing Association – CPD course ongoing counselling training. Completed 4 out of 5 workshops.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Counselling Skills. BACP Accredited. University of South Wales.
- Freelancer Course – Institute of Leadership and Management Level 3
- Postgraduate Diploma in Public Service Interpreting. Institute of Linguists
- Legal Practice Course. Aberystwyth University of Wales
- Law – LLB Aberystwyth University of Wales
- Postgraduate Certificate in Mediation and Negotiation. Higher School of Social Sciences, Poznań, Poland
- Masters Degree in Philosophy. University of Zielona Góra, Poland.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I am flexible - can arrange a suitable time with each individual client.