Lyndsay Stamp (CBT, EMDR and Counselling)
12/17 Upper Bridge Street
I am a fully qualified BACP Accredited Counsellor, BABCP Accredited Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapist and EMDR trained. I have nearly 10 years’ experience working as a psychotherapist in NHS settings and from treating of a wide range of anxiety and depression related problems.
I am committed to providing therapy in a confidential, non-judgmental space. My approach to therapy is warm but down to earth. I aim to work collaboratively with people toward achieving their goals.
I work with adults and young people. I am willing to work on a short term basis or on a longer term for more complex problems.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications are:
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (ABC) 2007
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling (ABC) 2010
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (Canterbury Christ Church University) 2014
Training I have completed:
- IAPT Supervisor Training (University of Surrey) 2016
- Level 1, 2 and 3 EMDR (EMDR Europe accredited course) 2017
- CBT for Long Term Physical Health Conditions (Canterbury Christ Church and Sussex University) 2017
I am accredited by and abide by the codes of ethics of:
- British Association for Behavioural & Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
I am an experienced therapist and have worked mostly offering therapy to NHS patients based in GP Surgeries.
I have experience of working with people with a wide range of difficulties, including: depression; anxiety; stress; work related issues; abuse; obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD); specific phobias (e.g. needles, dentists, vomiting); post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); body dysmorphic disorder (BDD); self esteem; chronic fatigue and pain; relationship difficulties and bereavement among others.
I regularly attend workshops and training to ensure I am up to date in my Continuing Professional Development.
I am an approved practitioner for Aviva, Axa and Cigna insurance.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Please contact me for details of fees.
Reduced rates available for counselling students
I hold a current clear Enhanced CRB/DBS Certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday - Thursday: 6pm onwards Friday - Saturday: 9am onwards
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I trained as a clinical supervisor at the University of Surrey and can provide supervision to training or qualified counsellors and CBT therapists.View supervision profile