Luisa Marafon Dip.Couns MBACP (Reg)
Finding the right counsellor can be daunting that's why I offer a free 20 minute introductory session to make sure we are the right fit for each other. This initial meeting allows you to outline your reasons for seeking therapy.
Have you ever found yourself thinking some of these things?
- Will I ever feel good enough?
- I'd really like some help with my anxiety.
- How can I overcome my bad habits?
- I've been feeling low for quite some time.
- I'd love to be more confident.
I can help you gain a greater sense of awareness into what you are experiencing in order to achieve the things you want out of life.
I also specialise in food addictions so if you're an emotional / binge eater, or struggle with your weight, I can help you overcome these obstacles and learn how to have a healthy relationship with food.
I place great importance on offering a safe, confidential space where you can be heard without prejudice. Together we can discover the choices you have and the ways in which you can make positive changes, in a supportive environment.
For an informal chat to find out whether I am the right counsellor for you, call me on 07811 102815 or drop me a line at email@example.com to arrange your appointment.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, all sessions for the foreseeable future will either be on the telephone or via Zoom, a free, easy to use online video app.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Inter-Psyche
- BA (Hons) Psychology, University of Leeds
- Trauma treatment
- Existential well-being counselling
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Suicide awareness and prevention
- Understanding Your Eating
- Working at Relational Depth
- Understanding Health Improvement, RSPH
- The Psychopathology of Obesity and Therapeutic Working with the Overweight Patient
- Understanding Anger and Rage
- Alcohol awareness
- Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) training
In addition to running my own private practice I have worked for a Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management Service helping overweight people deal with their issues around eating.
I have also worked for Therapy Partners helping young people with eating disorders, typically anorexia and bulimia nervosa.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Free 20-30 minute introductory session.
Fees are for 50 minute sessions.
£45 per session for individuals
£45 for telephone counselling
Concessions offered for
I practice from two sites:
- 30 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling ME19 4YU, ground floor room, wheelchair accessible, plenty of parking
- Hillside Court, Wateringbury, Maidstone ME18 5DF, on street parking