Luisa Marafon Dip.Couns MBACP (Reg)
Seeking out a counsellor can be daunting that's why I offer a free 30 minute introductory session. This initial meeting allows you to ask any questions you may have about counselling, to find out what the process involves and for me to explain how I work.
I place great importance on offering a safe, confidential space where you can be heard without prejudice. Together we can discover the choices you have and the ways in which you can make positive changes, in a supportive environment.
Through my experience with clients I have dealt with a variety of challenging issues such as abuse, addiction, anger, anxiety, helplessness, low self-worth, relationships, stress and weight management.
I also offer telephone counselling at reduced rates.
For an informal chat to find out whether I am the right counsellor for you, call me on 07811 102815 or drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange your appointment.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling, Inter-Psyche
- BA (Hons) Psychology, University of Leeds
- Existential well-being counselling
- Working with Dissociative Disorders in Clinical Practice
- Suicide awareness and prevention
- Understanding Your Eating
- Working at Relational Depth
- Understanding Health Improvement, RSPH
- The Psychopathology of Obesity and Therapeutic Working with the Overweight Patient
- Understanding Anger and Rage
- Alcohol awareness
- Drug Use Screening Tool (DUST) training
In addition to running my own private practice I work for a Tier 3 Specialist Weight Management Service helping overweight people deal with their issues around eating.
I have also worked for Therapy Partners helping young people with eating disorders, typically anorexia and bulimia nervosa. More information can be found here www.rewriteyourstory.org.uk/about-us/
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Career counselling
- Eating disorders
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Relationship problems
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Free 20-30 minute introductory session.
Fees are for 50 minute sessions.
£45 per session for individuals
£40 for telephone counselling
I practice from two sites:
- 30 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling ME19 4YU, ground floor room, wheelchair accessible, plenty of parking
- Hillside Court, Wateringbury, Maidstone ME18 5DF, on street parking
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available.
Types of client