I am an Adult, Child and Adolescent Therapeutic Counsellor working with an integrative approach. My work with adults spans across the NHS, agency settings and private practice. Together we might look at early interactions and explore unconscious feelings, also focussing on the present moment. I have experience working children and young people as a Therapeutic Counsellor and as a Clinical Supervisor. I may draw from attachment theory and play therapy. I believe that each individual is unique and benefits from a tailored approach.
Taking the first step and making contact with a therapist can be quite challenging. Wherever you are at, I will meet you there. This is a confidential space where you can explore your feelings and patterns safely, developing a healthier relationship with yourself and others.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and qualifications:
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology
- MSc in Applied Cognitive Neuroscience (Dept of Psychology)
- MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (currently completing at Metanoia Insitute and Middlesex University)
- CBT: Introductory Course (BPS LC Approved)
- Certificate in Counselling Children
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- NHS (Adult Counsellor)
- Agency (Psychotherapist, Adult Counsellor, Child and Adolescent Counsellor)
- School (Child and Adolescent Counsellor, Clinical Supervisor, Counselling Project Manager)
- Private Practice (Adult Counsellor, Child and Adolescent Counsellor)
- MBPsS (The British Psychological Association)
- Registered Member of the BACP (The British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- DBS check certificate (Update Service)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Currently offering video sessions via Zoom (encrypted platform).