Liz Meller - Family Therapist And Supervisor
Hi, thanks for looking at my profile today. I appreciate that finding the right therapist for you or your family can feel daunting. It’s really important to find the right fit for your needs.
I have over 20 years’ experience working with children, young people and families in a variety of settings including the NHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service and Addiction Services).
I started my independent practice as a Family Therapist in 2017. During which time I’ve supported many individuals, families and couples presenting with a variety of relationship issues such as loss, divorce, separation and parenting differences.
I also work individually with young people and adults struggling with difficulties such as depression, anxiety, self-harm, OCD, anger and addiction.
As an experienced therapist I aim to create a safe and confidential space for you to talk openly without judgement. I draw upon a wide range of models, depending on the needs of the individual, couple or family.
During an initial appointment we explore what brought you to therapy and together we determine your goals and a plan to move forward.
If you have further questions or wish to discuss arranging an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am an AFT (Association of Family Therapy) accredited family therapist and supervisor
- PGC Supervision Skills for Mental Health Professionals: University Of Manchester- Manchester
- CPDC Systemic Family Therapy Supervisors Course: Greater Manchester Mental Health Foundation Trust- Manchester
- MSc Systemic and Family Therapy: Leeds University- Leeds
- Intermediate level in Systemic and Family Therapy: Leeds University- Leeds
- Foundation level in Systemic and Family Therapy: Leeds University- Leeds
- Cognitive Behavioural Interventions - Level 3: Chester University- Chester
- Study of Addictions - Cert in Higher Education: Leeds University- Leeds
- Youth Work Qualification - NVQ Level 3: The National Youth Agency- Cheshire
- I have additional training in Solution Focused Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Addictions.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individuals - £60 per hourly session
Couples - £70 per hourly session
Families - £75 per hourly session
Professional Supervision - £60 per hour
Group/Team Supervision and Consultation available. Please contact me directly to discuss further as fee will vary depending on need.
Concessions for all therapies and student supervises available.