Kim Hodgson Person Centred Therapeutic Counsellor MBACP
Delce Counselling Services
Avenue Business Centre
17 New Road Avenue
Are there times in your life when you feel overwhelmed, anxious or depressed? Do you find it difficult to tell people how you feel or that no one will understand?
I work with Teenagers and Adults offering you understanding and empathy in a calm, quiet space where you can explore your thoughts , feelings and emotions without fear of being judged or ridiculed. .
I understand how difficult the first step is to making the decision to seek counselling and am honoured that you have considered taking that step with me.
Some of the areas I work in are; Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Teenage anxiety and stress, Work Related Stress, work place bullying, Spiritual issues, Cross Culture issues, relationship issues, Bereavement & Loss, Caring role. Please see the list of areas for more information.
I understand how stress and anxiety can have a huge impact on well being: having someone to talk to and listen in a safe a calm environment can make all the difference.
Volunteer counsellor at Cross line Christian counselling service.
20 years within the Primary Education system working with SEN. Voluntary Church Youth leader for 30 years
National Health Service in child health, youth advisory and family planning.
I have a good understanding of the demands and pressures of working within the medical and educational environment.
Once you have made the initial contact, there will be a short consultation over the phone, if we are in agreement an appointment will be made for an hours session at the Delce Counselling Services at a time and date that is convenient to you.
Sessions take place in a quite and comfortable room. In the first session we will discuss the therapeutic contract, times, fees and what you are looking to achieve; this will be followed by a shortened counselling session after which you decide if you wish to have further sessions. You have complete autonomy.
There is no obligation as to how many sessions you have and sessions can be ended by either one of us.
In addition I can offer walking/talking therapy and home visits if you are housebound or unable to access the building (eg unable to negotiate steps)
I am a member of the BACP and adhere to their ethical framework to work in your best interest.
All sessions are strictly private and confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training at Ocean Counselling Centre. Rochester, Kent
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (QCF) - 21/8/2012
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies (QCF) - 19/8/2013
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (QCF) 1/12/2015
- CPCAB Level 2 Award in Understanding Substance Misuse
Further information and training
- Working with Children facing loss and bereavement.
- Introduction to working with children Therapeutically
- Mental Health and Medication
- Wounded Self - Histrionic Personality-The Exploited Child
- Personal experience of being a carer, caring for loved one's with debilitating illness and terminal illness.
- Personal experience of cross cultural background, understand the complexities of not fitting in and feeling different.
- knowledge and experience of Post Natal Depression and PMS
- Understanding of deaf culture and a smattering of sign language.
- Understanding and work with SEN, ADHD, Aspergers, EBD.
- Experience and work with English as a second language, inter and intra cultural issues
- Understanding of difficulties of being a parent of children with special needs. blame issues, alienation.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Walk and Talk Therapy.
Home Visits (if unable to access stairs or housebound).
Photos & videos
A one hour session Mon to Friday daytime is £20.00,
Evening sessions from 4.00pm £25.00.
Weekend sessions £25.00
Walk/talking therapy £30.00
Home visits £40.00
I am comfortable working with clients that communicate with the aid of speaking Apps.
I offer Walking Talking Therapy * this will take place around Historical Rochester.* (the first session will take place at the centre to meet and agree a working contract that is mutually agreeable)
I offer Telephone Counselling but do ask that we have at least one session at the centre before we do this to meet and agree a working contract that is mutually agreeable.
The Avenue Business Centre is easy to find on New Road Avenue, it is near Caring Hands and opposite WICKS.
There is ample parking at the two car parks behind the premises which are pay and display just off Railway Street next to the old church on the one way system.
We are very closely situated near the Chatham Bus Station and Train station both are within easy walking distance.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||Work with clients who use assited speaking apps|
Tuesday- available 4.00pm to 8.00pm. Thursdays- available from 1.30pm to 8pm, Friday- available 4.00pm & 5.30pm Saturday- available 9.00am to 1.30,
Types of client