Julie Page, specialist counsellor in abuse and trauma
Hi, I'm Julie, and I am passionate about working with people who have experienced abuse or trauma, whether it be sexual, physical or emotional. When we experience trauma we lose part of who we truly are because of the after effects, such as anxiety, flashbacks and dissociation (when we feel distanced from our emotions or ‘spaced out’, as if we’re living on autopilot).
I love helping people rediscover who they really are by creating an environment in which they feel safe and completely accepted. I don't analyse you but with careful listening will know what we need to work on.
Where are you closing down or dissociating? When are you making yourself 'small' or comprising yourself, and why?
I have had a lot of training in various subjects such as trauma, spirituality, meditation, ecotherapy and working with the 'felt sense' of situations (Eugene Gendlin) and so can employ a variety of techniques that can help. I have worked as a trauma counsellor for SARSAS and The Green House (both sexual abuse charities) as well as being a young people’s counsellor for various schools and colleges, and have received training from Barnado’s and NSPCC as part of their specialist delivery service.
I also enjoy working with people from a spiritual perspective and have a particular interest in the 'Dark Night of the Soul', sudden Kundalini Awakenings and the Twin Flame phenomenon, as they carry the potential for massive personal transformation.
What have you come here to learn in this lifetime? What situations do you keep recreating that you are meant to learn from? What is your purpose?
Wherever you are on your journey, I would love to meet you. Together we will face any challenges and work to empower you, and I will be with you 100% every step of the way.
Please call me on: 07867 570582 or click here to send me an email.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). Registration number 076337
I have insurance and am DBS/CRB checked (for working with children and vulnerable adults).
- Diploma in Practical Spirituality and Wellness (Dr William Bloom) 2017
- Certificate in Eco-therapy (Failand Training) 2016
- BCPC 3 year Diploma in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling 2013 Accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play 2009 Accred by Canterbury Christchurch university (For therapeutic play and counselling with children)
- Art Therapy Certificate 2008 (City of Bath College)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Low self-confidence
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£45 per 50 minute session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|