Helen Bishop Dip. Couns. Registered Member BACP
I offer a safe space to explore what is going on for you in a confidential and nonjudgemental environment. I'm a qualified and experienced Humanistic Counsellor and Gestalt Therapist.
- I offer short term and long term one to one counselling and group counselling.
- Gestalt counselling can help by assisting you to have more awareness of yourself and your situation, giving you more power and choice in your life.
- I work with a variety of emotional issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, sexual abuse, bereavement, life transitions and relationship issues.
- I provide a confidential space where you can explore what is causing you difficulties and be heard without feeling judged or criticised.
I believe in choice and the human potential for growth and I work with clients respectfully in this knowledge.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully trained counsellor and Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have a BACP Accredited Diploma in Gestalt Counselling, a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a Certificate in Humanistic Counselling. Informed by my training in Gestalt therapy my approach is holistic. I provide an open, warm, and supportive space in which you can explore issues and concerns. I practice in a collaborative way, so that together we can create a therapeutic relationship where you feel understood and accepted.
I attend regular supervision and I'm committed to improving my service by attending continuing professional development courses. The ethical guidelines that underpin my work are defined by the BACP (https://www.bacp.co.uk/events-and-resources/ethics-and-standards/ethical-framework-for-the-counselling-professions/).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Childhood sexual abuse.
Rape and sexual assault.
Once you have been in contact we will arrange a consultation to explore what brings you to counselling and what you would like to achieve.
If you would like to proceed we will find a mutually agreed time and day for our weekly counselling sessions. Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and will take place weekly.
- The consultation cost is £25.
- Counselling sessions will be charged at £50 per 50 minute session.
- I offer a limited number of low cost places.
- I offer Group Therapy sessions, please contact me for further details.
Telephone and Skype counselling is available upon request.
My experience as a qualified Executive Coach (EMCC), Coach Supervisor, Learning Designer and group facilitator enables me to offer a service tailored to businesses.
- I offer Executive Coaching sessions to help individuals increase their personal and professional performance. Please contact me for further details.
- As a Coach Supervisor I offer support to Coaching professionals supporting their personal and coaching practice’s health and wellbeing. Please contact me for further details.