Helen Bishop Dip. Couns. Registered Member BACP
I offer a safe space to explore what is going on for you in a confidential and nonjudgemental environment. I'm a qualified and experienced Humanistic Counsellor and Gestalt Therapist.
- I offer short term and long term therapy.
- I work with a variety of emotional issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, abuse, bereavement and relationship issues.
- I provide a confidential space where you can talk and be heard without feeling judged or criticised.
- Together we will look at what is causing you difficulties and I will support you in identifying solutions to help you make changes in your life.
- I believe in choice and the human potential for growth.
- Together we will try to find the meaning and direction in your life and discover self-awareness, wisdom and resilience that you already have within you.
Every client is a unique person with unique life-paths and challenges and I work respectfully in this knowledge.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully trained counsellor and Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have a BACP Accredited Diploma in Gestalt Counselling and Certificate in Humanistic Counselling. Informed by my training in Gestalt therapy my approach is holistic. I provide an open, warm, and supportive space in which you can explore past or current issues. I practice in a collaborative way, so that together we can create a therapeutic relationship where you feel understood and accepted.
I attend regular supervision and I'm committed to improving my service by attending continuing professional development courses. The ethical guidelines that underpin my work are defined by the BACP (https://www.bacp.co.uk/events-and-resources/ethics-and-standards/ethical-framework-for-the-counselling-professions/).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Once you have been in contact we will arrange an initial assessment to explore what brings you to counselling and what you would like to achieve.
If you would like to proceed we will find a mutually agreed time and day for our weekly counselling sessions. Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and will take place weekly.
- The assessment cost is £25.
- Counselling sessions will be charged at £50 per 50 minute session.
- I offer a limited number of low cost places.
- I offer Group Therapy sessions, please contact me for further details.
Telephone and Skype counselling is available upon request.
My experience as a qualified Executive Coach (EMCC), Coach Supervisor, Learning Designer and group facilitator enables me to offer a service tailored to businesses.
- I offer Executive Coaching sessions to help individuals increase their personal and professional performance. Please contact me for further details.
- As a Coach Supervisor I am available to support Coaches professional, personal and coaching practice’s health and wellbeing. Please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have slots available Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|