Helen Bishop Dip. Couns. Registered Member BACP
I offer a safe space to explore what is going on for you in a confidential and nonjudgemental environment. I'm a qualified and experienced Humanistic Counsellor and Gestalt Therapist.
- I offer short term and long term one to one counselling and group counselling.
- Gestalt counselling can help by assisting you to have more awareness of yourself and your situation, giving you more power and choice in your life.
- I work with a variety of emotional issues including anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, stress, sexual abuse, bereavement, life transitions and relationship issues.
- I provide a confidential space where you can explore what is causing you difficulties and be heard without feeling judged or criticised.
I believe in choice and the human potential for growth and I work with clients respectfully in this knowledge.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully trained counsellor and Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I have a BACP Accredited Diploma in Gestalt Counselling, a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy and a Certificate in Humanistic Counselling. Informed by my training in Gestalt therapy my approach is holistic. I provide an open, warm, and supportive space in which you can explore issues and concerns. I practice in a collaborative way, so that together we can create a therapeutic relationship where you feel understood and accepted.
I attend regular supervision and I'm committed to improving my service by attending continuing professional development courses. The ethical guidelines that underpin my work are defined by the BACP (https://www.bacp.co.uk/events-and-resources/ethics-and-standards/ethical-framework-for-the-counselling-professions/).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Childhood sexual abuse.
Rape and sexual assault.
Once you have been in contact we will arrange a consultation to explore what brings you to counselling and what you would like to achieve.
If you would like to proceed we will find a mutually agreed time and day for our weekly counselling sessions. Counselling sessions are 50 minutes long and will take place weekly.
- The consultation cost is £25.
- Counselling sessions will be charged at £50 per 50 minute session.
- I offer a limited number of low cost places.
- I offer Group Therapy sessions, please contact me for further details.
Telephone and Skype counselling is available upon request.
My experience as a qualified Executive Coach (EMCC), Coach Supervisor, Learning Designer and group facilitator enables me to offer a service tailored to businesses.
- I offer Executive Coaching sessions to help individuals increase their personal and professional performance. Please contact me for further details.
- As a Coach Supervisor I offer support to Coaching professionals supporting their personal and coaching practice’s health and wellbeing. Please contact me for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
Wheelchair accessible counselling room in KT2 counselling space. KT1 does not have wheelchair access as there is one step up in to the therapy room.
I have slots available Monday - Friday 9am - 9pm
I offer face to face sessions. I can offer telephone and online counselling.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|