Hannah Mantle [Ad Dip. PC, MNCS Accred.]
My name is Hannah and I am a National Counselling Society [NCS] accredited counsellor and psychotherapist offering a creative environment in which you can be listened to, heard and supported on a journey of change.
If I could describe the way I work in 4 words, it would be:
Recent client work to give you a taste of what can happen for you:
- A male anxiety client who is now expressing himself clearly and dealing with problems as they arise, rather than letting them fester and feeling angry.
- A female client who had experienced sexual trauma, and who came with zero self-respect, but now sticks to her own rules, has been accepted into the army, AND has a new boyfriend.
- A couple whose relationship was on the rocks, but who are now having regular 'date days', communicating kindly and clearly with one another and can now see a future for their relationship.
- A female client with low self-esteem who just said 'yes' to everyone and everything, and whose kindness and compassion had been exploited as a result, but who is now making herself heard via her own unique brand of assertiveness.
Is Revolution for you?
I chose 'Revolution' as the name of my private practice because I want to empower my clients to rebel against their old, dysfunctional habits and form new, healtheir ways of thinking and behaving.
If you're here reading this, it may be because something in you is telling you that it's time to seek some help in making sense of things in your life. It might be that you're feeling overwhelmed and can't see the wood for the trees, or that you feel 'stuck' and need to find a new way to be. It may even be that you feel paralysed by anxiety or low self-esteem and you want to gain control over your thoughts and emotions and begin to grow again. A lot of my clients are people who are looking for their mojo and want to cystalise their purpose or direction in life.
Whatever it is that has brought you to this point, it's a desire in you to self-heal and to grow, and it's that seed of self-awareness that I will work with you to develop. My goal with clients is to nurture in them the belief that they are capable of positive change, and that they are capable of starting their own revolution in their emotions, thoughts and actions.
What to expect when working with me:
I am trained to listen - not like your friends 'listen', but to listen profoundly to what you say - and yes, to challenge you. My approach is solution-focused, which means we will focus on how you could equip yourself with the resources you need to move forward, rather than wallowing in the problem and its past.
My approach is integrative, which means that during the course of our sessions, I will choose the best 'tools' to help you with the issues you bring to the room. Due to my interests in Drama, English Literature and Art, I tend towards creative approches which really help you to get inside of the issues you face. When appropriate, and with your permission, I also blend hypnotherapy techniques into our work together to help you let go of the old and consolidate a new you.
My aim will be to help you to attain clarity in regards to your thoughts and feelings, and to deepen your awareness of the patterns in your life which might be keeping you 'stuck' or in a cycle of anxiety. I will aim to help you experiment with new ways of being you or equip you with strategies which will enable you to approach situations from a new perspective. A typical session might flow in the following way:
- Feedback on progress/experience since the last session
- Problem-solving & Exploration
Your Sessions - where, what, how:
Covering the Hampshire and Surrey border (Farnham, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnborough, Hook etc) I offer clients, 14 years and up, individual face-to-face sessions, or couples counselling, I also work via Skype or Zoom for people who find it difficult to travel far or live elsewhere in the UK. The location we meet in will be dependent on the time slot we agree.
Private counselling can be expensive, which is why I try to offer my clients a flexible and affordable service. For examples, in regards to fees, I offer:-
In counselling the relationship is everything; the relationship we develop in our sessions will act like a mirror to your world beyond the therapy room, so it's important for you to feel like I'm the right person for you to work with. Therefore, if you'd like to chat to me about your needs and what I can do for you, I offer a no-obligation 60 minute Taster Session for a reduced fee of £30. This will give you a chance to sample the environment in which I work and get a sense of my personality as a counsellor.
I then offer a number of options for follow-up sessions:
- a 'pay-as-you-go' option for follow up sessions on a sliding scale.
- 3 or 6 session blocks of follow up sessions at a 10% discount to help you commit to change. These are also exempt from cancellation fees.
- A 6 session package for trainee counsellors offered with a 12.5% saving to help you complete your requisite personal therapy
'the curious paradox is that when I accept myself as I am , then I change' - Carl Rogers, taken from 'On Becoming a Person'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Dip Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Dip CP)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Ad Dip CP)
- PGCE: secondary ed. Portsmouth University & 15 years experience in education
- I am an accredited member of The National Counselling Society which, just like BACP, is a regultory body that represents a high standard of professionalism and experience. I work according to their ethical and professional standards.
- I attend regular supervision sessions with an experienced supervisor to ensure that my work is safely carried out.
- Level 4 AIMS AWARD
- I hold full liability insurance.
- I attend regular CPD workshops and seminars to ensure I am always topping up my knowledge
- Full DBS
I have been treating clients in private practice for issues such as stress and anxiety, insomnia, depression, relationship issues and coming to terms with change for the past 4 years. I run regular stress management workshops in the local area.
My 15 year career in teaching saw me start out as a Learning Support Assistant before moving on to being a secondary school teacher and, finally, an A Level teacher. This gives me a great deal of empathy for those working in education as well as a deep understanding of the challenges that young people face. My background in education means that I enjoy working with young adults and adults alike.
Continuing Professional Development [CPD]:
In line with the ethical requirements of my regulatory body [the NCS], I undertake 30 hours of CPD a year in order to continue building my knowledge and skills. Below are some of the workshops I have attended recently:
- Self Talk and the Inner Critic - with Mind Body Breakthrough
- Couples Counselling Toolkit - with S J Mason/ The Counselling Academy
- Working with Men: with Synergy Counselling
- Anger & Aggression Management: with The Centre of Excellence
- Law of Attraction - Foundation level: with the LOAC Academy
- Law of Attraction - Level 2: with the LOAC Academy
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
- Free telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes
- 60 minute Taster Session: £30
Follow up sessions are payable on a pay-as-you-go [PAYG] basis or via blocks. Blocks are available to buy only after a Taster Session has been undertaken:
FOLLOW UP SESSIONS FOR INDVIDUALS & Couples [prices below also apply to Skype sessions]:
- 60 minute individual follow-up sessions: £50 per session [PAYG] on a sliding scale
- Block of 3: £135 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- Block of 6: £270 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- See below for trainee counsellor rates
- 60 minute Taster Session: £30
- 60 minute follow up sessions: £40 PAYG
- Block of 6: £210 [saving of 12.5% on PAYG]
I have special interest in change: I love helping people who are feeling 'stuck' or feeling as though they've 'lost' themselves to rediscover their direction in life and rediscover who they are. I tend to see a lot of new mothers who are making the transition between career and motherhood, for example, as well as a lot of clients trying to make sense of the relationships in their life and who are seeking to break out of old patterns. If you're going through any sort of change in your life, I'd be excited to work with you.
I also have a special interest in working with stress and anxiety, rasing self esteem, and relationships.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Sessions I hold at Fleet Osteopathic Clinic are NOT wheelchair accessible as it is an old Victorian building, however, sessions I hold at Woodlands are more easily accessible as it is a ground floor flat.
Monday: 9am - 3.30pm Tuesday - Thursday: 9am - 9.00pm Friday: 9am - 7.30pm Saturday: 9am-12 noon [evening slots dependent on room availability]
Types of client