Hannah Mantle [Ad Dip. PC, MNCS Accred.]
My name is Hannah and I am a National Counselling Society [NCS] accredited counsellor and psychotherapist offering a creative environment in which you can be listened to, heard and supported on a journey of change.
If I could describe the way I work in 4 words, it would be:
Recent client work to give you a taste of what can happen for you:
- A female anxiety client who came to me in tears who is now using a range of techniques to keep herself on track
- A female anxiety client whose anxiety was causing IBS like symptoms whose symptoms are now cleared because she is acknowledging and listening to her emotions
- A couple whose relationship was at crisis point, but who are now learning to have more productive conversations and set mutually satisfying goals
- A female client with low self-esteem who now knows exactly who she is and is on her way to living life on her own terms
Is Revolution for you?
I chose 'Revolution' as the name of my private practice because I want to empower my clients to rebel against their old, dysfunctional habits and form new, healtheir ways of thinking and behaving.
If you're here reading this, it may be because something in you is telling you that it's time to seek some help in making sense of things in your life. It might be that you're feeling overwhelmed and can't see the wood for the trees, or that you feel 'stuck' and need to find a new way to be. It may even be that you feel paralysed by anxiety or low self-esteem and you want to gain control over your thoughts and emotions and begin to grow again. A lot of my clients are people who are looking for their mojo and want to cystalise their purpose or direction in life.
Whatever it is that has brought you to this point, it's a desire in you to self-heal and to grow, and it's that seed of self-awareness that I will work with you to develop. My goal with clients is to nurture in them the belief that they are capable of positive change, and that they are capable of starting their own revolution in their emotions, thoughts and actions.
What to expect when working with me:
I am trained to listen - not like your friends 'listen', but to listen profoundly to what you say - and yes, to challenge you. My approach is solution-focused, which means we will focus on how you could equip yourself with the resources you need to move forward, rather than wallowing in the problem and its past.
My approach is integrative, which means that during the course of our sessions, I will choose the best 'tools' to help you with the issues you bring to the room. Due to my interests in Drama, English Literature and Art, I tend towards creative approches which really help you to get inside of the issues you face. When appropriate, and with your permission, I also blend hypnotherapy techniques into our work together to help you let go of the old and consolidate a new you.
My aim will be to help you to attain clarity in regards to your thoughts and feelings, and to deepen your awareness of the patterns in your life which might be keeping you 'stuck' or in a cycle of anxiety. I will aim to help you experiment with new ways of being you or equip you with strategies which will enable you to approach situations from a new perspective. A typical session might flow in the following way:
- Feedback on progress/experience since the last session
- Problem-solving & Exploration
Your Sessions - where, what, how:
Covering the Hampshire and Surrey border (Farnham, Fleet, Aldershot, Farnborough, Hook etc.) I offer clients, 14 years and up, individual face-to-face sessions, or couple's counselling, I also work via Skype or Zoom for people who find it difficult to travel far or live elsewhere in the UK. The location we meet in will be dependent on the time slot we agree.
In counselling the relationship is everything; the relationship we develop in our sessions will act like a mirror to your world beyond the therapy room, so it's important for you to feel like I'm the right person for you. Therefore, if you'd like to chat to me about your needs and what I can do for you, I offer a no-obligation 60 minute Taster Session for a reduced fee of £30. This will give you a chance to sample the environment in which I work and get a sense of my personality as a counsellor.
Private counselling can be expensive, which is why I try to offer my clients a flexible and affordable service:
- a 'pay-as-you-go' option for follow ups. If you are facing financial difficulties, this can be taken into account.
- 3 or 6 session blocks of follow up sessions at a 10% discount to help you commit to change. These are also exempt from cancellation fees.
- A 6 session package for trainee counsellors offered with a 12.5% saving to help you complete your requisite personal therapy.
See my website for more details on pricing.
'the curious paradox is that when I accept myself as I am , then I change' - Carl Rogers, taken from 'On Becoming a Person'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy (Dip Hyp CS)
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Dip CP)
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (Ad Dip CP)
- PGCE: secondary ed. Portsmouth University & 15 years experience in education
- I am an accredited member of The National Counselling Society which, just like BACP, is a regultory body that represents a high standard of professionalism and experience. I work according to their ethical and professional standards.
- I attend regular supervision sessions with an experienced supervisor to ensure that my work is safely carried out.
- Level 4 AIMS AWARD
- I hold full liability insurance.
- I attend regular CPD workshops and seminars to ensure I am always topping up my knowledge
- Full DBS
I have been treating clients in private practice for issues such as stress and anxiety, insomnia, depression, relationship issues and coming to terms with change for the past 4 years. I run regular stress management workshops in the local area.
My 15 year career in teaching saw me start out as a Learning Support Assistant before moving on to being a secondary school teacher and, finally, an A Level teacher. This gives me a great deal of empathy for those working in education as well as a deep understanding of the challenges that young people face. My background in education means that I enjoy working with young adults and adults alike.
Continuing Professional Development [CPD]:
In line with the ethical requirements of my regulatory body [the NCS], I undertake 30 hours of CPD a year in order to continue building my knowledge and skills. Below are some of the workshops I have attended recently:
- Self Talk and the Inner Critic - with Mind Body Breakthrough
- Trauma & The Body - with Carolyn Spring
- Couple's Counselling Toolkit - with S J Mason/ The Counselling Academy
- Working with Men - with Synergy Counselling
- Anger & Aggression Management - with The Centre of Excellence
- Law of Attraction - Foundation Level & Level 2- with the LOAC Academy
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Free telephone consultation of up to 30 minutes
- 60 minute Taster Session: £30
Follow up sessions are payable on a pay-as-you-go [PAYG] basis or via blocks. Blocks are available to buy only after a Taster Session has been undertaken:
60 MIN FOLLOW UP SESSIONS FOR ADULTS & COUPLES [prices below also apply to Skype & Zoom sessions]:
- £50 per session [PAYG]
- Block of 3: £135 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- Block of 6: £270 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- See below for trainee counsellor rates
60 MIN FOLLOW UP SESSIONS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE 14-18YRS:
- £40 per session PAYG
- Block of 3: £107 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- Block of 6: £215 [saving of 10% on PAYG]
- £40 PAYG
- Block of 6: £210 [saving of 12.5% on PAYG]
I have special interest in change: I love helping people who are feeling 'stuck' or feeling as though they've 'lost' themselves to rediscover their direction in life and rediscover who they are. I tend to see a lot of new mothers who are making the transition between career and motherhood, for example, as well as a lot of clients trying to make sense of the relationships in their life and who are seeking to break out of old patterns. If you're going through any sort of change in your life, I'd be excited to work with you.
I also have a special interest in working with stress and anxiety, rasing self esteem, and relationships.