Hello, my name is Gillian – most call me Gill. I am a qualified Therapeutic counsellor, supervisor and member of the BACP. I work as an integrative counsellor and supervisor, using person-centred therapy as the foundation of my work, I may draw on other counselling modalities to find the best fit for you.
I work to your needs, the sessions are tailored to you, providing a safe space for you to say the unsayable, allowing you to be heard without judgement.
I work from an office at home and my availability is:
Wednesday day and evenings
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 1 & Level 2 in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Level 4 Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents.
- Level 3 Diploma in Eating Disorder.
- Level 4 Diploma in Bereavement.
- BSc Degree in Therapeutic Counselling.
- Certificate of Counselling and Psychotherapy Supervision Practice.
Some of my training, workshops and Continued Professional Development include:
- Solution focused therapy.
- TA 101.
- Pet Bereavement.
- Self harm.
- Self esteem.
- Post traumatic stress.
- Equality & diversity.
- FGM course.
- Couples Counselling
- BACP network meetings.
I have also had the pleasure of managing two busy diverse charitable practices, these experiences have facilitated in my growth as a counsellor.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I have a personal understanding of endometriosis and the realities of this painful disorder. This condition has led me to be more compassionate and understanding and that acceptance can be an emotional trauma.
I have a special interest in pet bereavement and having experienced a recent loss myself, my own grief acted as a catalyst to me becoming a pet bereavement counsellor, as I struggled to find support due to the lack of provision offered locally.
A pet is often at the centre of a loving family and can bring joy in so many ways. However, the loss of a pet can be heart breaking for the whole family. Sometimes, we are left not knowing which way to turn.
Appointments last 60 minutes. Your initial assessment appointment is up to 40 minutes.
- £25.00 Initial assessment – up to 40 minutes.
- £40.00 for one counselling hour for individuals.
- £220.00 for six sessions.
- £50.00 for one counselling hour for couples
- £280.00 for six sessions.
- £30.00 counsellors in training.
- Supervisees - £30.00 counsellors in training for 1 hour.
- Supervisees - £40.00 qualified practitioners for 1 hour.
- £30.00 for one counselling hour.
- £160 for six sessions.
*with evidence of disability benefits, PIP or pension credits.
I have an enhanced DBS and I’m fully insured. I work with children, young people and adults.
I am a registered member of the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) and therefore I work in accordance to their code of ethics, confidentiality and good practice.
I also receive regular supervision to ensure that I am working ethically and in the best interest of the client.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday evenings Tuesday evenings Wednesday afternoon and evenings Thursday evenings Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I am a qualified supervisor offering supervision to trainee and qualified counsellors as well as those working in the helping profession. .View supervision profile