Gill Goodship, MBACP
Currently working online.
Do you have thoughts and feelings that are impacting on your daily life and you just can’t seem to leave them behind – like a loop of recurring thoughts?
I often work with clients where we explore past and present relationships and experiences – together we look at the effects of these relationships or situations in your life today. Perhaps your experiences of family feels or sounds different to how other people describe theirs? Or maybe you have experiences that you have found difficult and you would prefer to speak to someone who is not going to tell you what to do or how you should feel.
Discovering and understanding what triggers your emotions and responses to other people can help you to take the power out of these thoughts and gradually leave them behind, in your own time, if that is what you want to do. Or maybe you want to acknowledge and remember someone or somewhere.
Perhaps you have feelings of anxiety, disappointment, rage, loneliness, sadness, guilt, shame, injustice, hurt, longing, frustration, uncertainty, resentment or any number of other emotions. Together, we will talk through your concerns without judgement, allowing you to recalibrate* your approach to your own life. You may have been holding inside some of these thoughts for a long time.
Do any of the points below resonate with you?
- An experience that you are struggling to come to terms with
- Being outside of a group or relationship
- Mother and/or Father - what they now mean to you as an adult?
- Relationships with others
- Long held anxieties
- Recurring thought patterns
- Relationships with family/caregivers and how these relationship are experienced as adults
- Rural life issues including isolated working
- Boarding School - what was your experience?
- Empty Nest - your children have now grown up and left home – where does that leave you as mother or father?
*Recalibrate – In therapy terms; finding a sense of balance between family, work and/or life and finding out when to focus on self-care, something like a mental health MOT.
Please see bottom of page for fees and current availability.
What to Expect?
I am currently offering online therapy sessions via Zoom software. Please contact me initially by email or by the mobile number provided to arrange a free of charge 15 minute telephone call to establish if I can be of assistance to you.
When face to face appointments resume: Clarity Wellbeing Clinic is accessed via an unobtrusive entrance leading to modern, discreet and comfortable therapy rooms. Rope Walk parking is within a two minute walk with both the train and bus stations five minute walk. You will be provided with a comfortable, completely confidential space to explore and understand why your thoughts and actions may be affecting your life.
I have experience of working with adult clients from a range of; ages, sexuality, backgrounds and cultures and have been privileged to share in the undulating emotions and experiences of their lives.
Please do get in touch on the number above or email; firstname.lastname@example.org. I aim to respond to your message as soon as possible.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (MBACP) and abide by their Ethical Framework. Part of working within this framework means that I undertake regular professional supervision which ensures that I am working ethically and safely.
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Enhanced DBS Certificate
I attend regular Continuing Professional Development (CPD) training to keep my skills and knowledge up to date, recent training include;
- Counselling Tutor - Online & Telephone Counselling 80 hours CPD course NCS Accredited
- Inner Child, Family and Relationships
- The Value and Use of Dreams in Counselling & Life
- Creative Therapy workshop
- Working With Trauma
- Jungian workshop; What Makes us Feel Good and What Disturbs our Well-Being
- Child Sexual Abuse: Hope for Healing (PODS)
- Trauma, Dissociation & Recovery (PODS)
- Talking with Bereaved People (BACP)
- TA101 Transactional Analysis 101
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Rural and country life issues including isolated working and living. Do you feel there are expectations on you from family or close community that you are unable to talk about? Would you find it helpful to talk about your concerns to someone who will respond in a non-judgemental way, whilst acknowledging your own specific set of circumstances.
- Boarding School - what was your experience; good or bad, do you have unresolved thoughts about this time in your life?
- Empty Nest - the children have now left home, where does that leave you as an individual, mother or a father - how are you finding the transition watching their new life unfold. What is your next step, do you have a next step?
From £35.00 to £50.00
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
£50 for 50 minute session. Initial session will be up to 1 hour 30 minutes to establish your concerns and is the same fee.
Keyworker concession £35 for 50 minute session booked in block of 6 sessions.
Current online availability; Wednesday 14h00 - 18h00, Thursday 09h30 - 18h00, Friday 08h30 - 18h00. Please contact me for an initial call (free of charge 20 minutes) about your concerns.
Keyworker concessions are available on request; £35 per session for up to 6 x sessions. Currently taking bookings and this concession will run until December 2021.