Source Wellbeing Centre
330 Beersbridge Road
Thank you for taking the time to visit my profile. There are times in everyone’s life when they feel or begin to recognise that they are not living their life to their own personal potential.
It might be that something from your past is still unresolved for you, your life is out of balance and not functioning as you would like it to in the ‘now’, or you do not feel empowered or energised to move forward into your future in a manner that will see you live your life to your full potential.
Or you might be trying to grapple with or work through a major life landmark in your life (such as the start or end of a relationship, taking a new career path, coming to terms with a bereavement or facing a health issue), that is putting pressure on your mental and emotional wellbeing.
Through my many years working in local mental health charities and my own experience of battling and overcoming some significant life landmarks in my own life, I became aware of the particular complexities and cultural barriers males can often face when trying to seek support to take on and overcome issues that are causing them distress or holding them back.
Having committed to undertaking my own lifelong personal advancement journey, I know the immense value and benefit getting the right support can bring, and I now want to offer that support to help others (both males and females), to work on anything in their life that is causing unsettlement or unrest.
About MANN uP
I established MANN uP in 2017. MANN uP is a male-affirmative counselling, mentoring and life coaching practice, OPEN TO ALL (males and females), that promotes personal and collective advancement.
MANN uP services are designed to support others to improve the state of their psychological health (their levels of mental and emotional wellbeing).
MANN uP believes that there is a strong connection and correlation between your psychological health and the state of your health in other parts of your life (your physical health and fitness levels, the quality of the relationships in your life, your academic or professional performance and the hobbies, interests and passions you pursue to give you life a sense of enjoyment and fun).
Having high levels of psychological strength, stamina and resilience empowers you to be in a better position to unlock your potential in all those areas of your life, and making advances in your physical, relational, professional or recreational wellbeing has a positive impact on your psychological health too.
The counselling, mentoring and life coaching services provided by MANN uP are based on what as known as an integrative therapy framework.
This MANN uP integrative framework calls mainly on teachings from the humanistic/person-centred, psychoanalytical/psychodynamic and cognitive/behavioural therapeutic approaches that blends together the impactful elements of these three approaches in a manner that considers the whole person.
It brings the benefit to clients of being flexible and tailored to emphasise or focus on areas that they wish to explore and address, rather than trying to constrict clients to one particular way of working that may not best address their unique needs.
It also incorporates the principles of advancement and attuning to innate strengths, talents and evidenced patterns of achievement contained in the solution-focused therapeutic approach and the concepts of mentoring and life coaching by tapping into the knowledge, guidance and proactive support of others to underpin a process of advancement.
How I Can Help and Support You
Often time clients will become aware of or have introduced into their lives an issue that is impacting on their sense of emotional and mental wellbeing. For others, engaging in a personal advancement programme is about proactively investing in building and maintaining their own levels of mental and emotional ‘fitness’.
I work with a wide range of client mental and emotional wellbeing issues and have experience of working with:
- Generalised feelings of unhappiness, unease or anxiety
- Relationship health issues (including: family, social, romantic and sexual relationship issues)
- Work health issues (including: workplace stress, workplace bullying, career stagnation, career change)
- Issues connected to sexuality, sexual identity or sexual functioning
- Physical health issues (including: illness or dissatisfaction with current levels of fitness or physical appearance)
- Unresolved issues from your past that are still impacting on your mental and emotional health
- Bereavement, loss and grief
- Low self-esteem or confidence levels
- Patterns of unhelpful thinking or behaving that are damaging you or holding you back (including: social anxiety or withdrawal, substance misuse, lack of assertiveness)
- Issues connected to handling or expressing your emotions (including feelings of emotional turmoil or detachment, or difficulty containing and expressing emotions such as love, sadness or anger
What to Expect
If you decide to work with me what can you expect from the experience? You can expect (and are entitled to), confidentiality, discretion, total respect, and an atmosphere of acceptance, non-judgement and positive regard. You can also expect a focus on collaborative working to unlock and maintain your own personal potential. It will be your journey, you decide the pace, focus and scope, and I will work will work with you in whichever manner is right for you.
I look forward to meeting you and partnering with you on your counselling/mentoring/life coaching journey. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about engaging in a personal advancement programme that will help unlock your potential.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- FDsc In Integrative Counselling
- Solution-Focused Therapy training
- Keeping Adults Safe and Child Protection training
- Substance Misuse Awareness and Working With Addiction training
- Understanding and Recognising Sex Addition training
- I am a member of the British Association for Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP)
- I adhere to the BACP Ethical Framework
- I undertake regular clinical supervision to ensure the best possible outcomes for my clients
- I have several years and many hundreds of hours of practical experience as counsellor, mentor and life coach gained from working with a variety of male and female clients of all ages, supporting them to resolve past issues, improving their life functioning in the ‘now’ and unlock their future potential
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Introductory Session = £15
Personal Advancement Session = £35
I would never want someone who wishes to engage with a service and who feels they would benefit from participating in a personal advancement programme to be prevented from doing so on the basis of affordability.
There is a need to charge for sessions to cover the costs of venue hire, travel expenses and staff time etc.
However, if the full fee presents a challenge for you, please do still get in touch to discuss the possibility of a concession rate. If it is at all possible, I will still try to accommodate you, and if I cannot, I will provide you with information on other free or low cost services that you could consider as an alternative.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Evening & weekend sessions available
Types of client