Frazer Reid: Therapy for individuals and couples, supervision for therapists.
It takes courage to talk to someone, and I promise a professional and confidential approach.
What I offer
A down to earth way of working and over 15 year's therapeutic experience:
- Wholeheartedly supports you in facing your life's challenges and provides emotional support through tough times
- Compassionately challenges self-limiting beliefs and encourages you to be kind to yourself
- Helps you to discover unexplored resources and offers new psychological tools
- Gives you the opportunity to respond freshly to your challenges.
Some of the issues people have brought to me previously:
- relationship difficulties (individuals and couples)
- parenting challenges
- unresolved childhood issues, including emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- low self-esteem, self-criticism and loss of confidence
- depression, anxiety, panic attacks, overwhelm, lack of support
- change, bereavement and loss
- lack of meaning or purpose in life
- Over 15 years experience as a therapist within private practice and the NHS, social services, and prisons.
- Previously Counselling Trainer/Supervisor at the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Tuesday to Friday with evening slots available.
Training, qualifications & experience
Current and Previous Experience
- Therapy and Supervision Private Practice in Totnes and Kingsbridge
- Counselling Trainer and Supervisor at the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Sandtray Therapy Trainer at Heartwood Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Training
- Counsellor at the Margaret Jackson Centre, Exeter
- Dramatherapist in the NHS, social services and prisons, work with individuals and groups of: children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, children and adults with learning difficulties, children and adults with physical disabilities, young men on remand in prison, older people in residential settings.
- Movement Therapist facilitating residential courses
- Men's personal development group facilitator
- Plenty of personal development and training through:
- In-depth experience as a counselling/therapy client
- 18 years practice of movement therapy in group workshops
- Attendance of meditation and mindfulness retreats
- I am 49, have been married for 20 years, and a father for 14 years
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative and Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical and Creative Supervision
- Advanced Diploma in the use of Drama and Movement in Therapy
- BA Hons Humanities
- Current Enhanced CRB Certificate
- Year long modular training in GroupWork and Conflict Resolution using Process Orientated Psychology (CFOR, London).
- Trauma with Dartington Trust Therapists' Meeting.
- Borderline Personality Disorder with Dartington Trust Therapists' Meeting.
- Day workshop: "Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery" (P.O.D.S.,Exeter)
- 2 day training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (Kelly Wilson, co-creator A.C.T.)
- Ongoing one to one supervision with Core Process Psychotherapist and Trauma Specialist.
- Ongoing Peer Supervision with Cognitive Analytical Psychotherapist.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Supervision - individual and group
Counselling for couples
Counselling for children and young people
Fees below are for 60 minute sessions:
Professional Supervision for Therapists: £50 (group supervision also available).
I work mainly in my welcoming therapy room on the beautiful Dartington Estate near Totnes, I also offer some sessions in Newton Abbot, Kingsbridge and Exeter.
Plenty of parking available.
Evening sessions available.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Totnes, Kingsbridge, Newton Abbot: Tuesdays to Fridays 9.00am - 7.00pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
As a qualified supervisor (working privately and for the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy) I offer support that values and nourishes your professional competence, confidence and integrity.View supervision profile