Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
My down to earth therapeutic approach:
Wholeheartedly supports you in facing your life's struggles
Provides emotional support through tough times
Encourages emotional expression
Affirms your strengths
Respects your vulnerabilities
Compassionately challenges self-limiting beliefs and behaviour
Encourages you to be kind to yourself
Creates room for seeing things differently
Helps you to discover unexpected resources
Offers new psychological tools
Gives you the opportunity to respond freshly to your challenges.
Some issues people have brought to me:
Unresolved childhood issues, historical abuse and neglect
Low self-esteem and loss of confidence
Overwhelm and lack of support
Transition, bereavement and loss
Lack of meaning or purpose in life
Abusive or bullying relationships
Depression and anxiety
Training, qualifications & experience
Current and Previous Experience
- Counselling and Supervision Private Practice in Totnes
- Counselling Trainer and Supervisor at the Dartmoor Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Sandtray Therapy Trainer at Heartwood Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Training
- Counsellor at the Margaret Jackson Centre, Exeter
- Freelance Dramatherapist in residential settings, care homes and prisons, work with individuals and groups of: children with emotional and behavioural difficulties, children and adults with learning difficulties, children and adults with physical disabilities, young men on remand in prison, older people in residential settings.
- Movement Therapist facilitating residential courses
- Men's personal development group facilitator
- Plenty of personal development and training through:
- In-depth experience as a counselling/therapy client
- 18 years practice of movement therapy in group workshops
- Attendance of meditation and mindfulness retreats
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative and Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical and Creative Supervision
- Advanced Diploma in the use of Drama and Movement in Therapy
- BA Hons Humanities
- Current Enhanced CRB Certificate
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (EFT) Modular Core Skills Advanced Training
- Emotionally Focussed Therapy (EFT) Externship
- Compassion Focussed Therapy introductory training (Compassionate Mind Foundation)
- "Working with Shame" (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- Year long modular training in GroupWork and Conflict Resolution using Process Orientated Psychology (CFOR, London).
- "Trauma, Dissociation and Recovery" (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy Training (Kelly Wilson, co-creator A.C.T.)
- Ongoing Clinical Supervision with Core Process Psychotherapist and Trauma Specialist.
- Ongoing Peer Supervision with Cognitive Analytical Psychotherapist.
- Ongoing Consultancy Supervision with EFT Counsellor and original UK EFT Trainer.
- Registered Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- Registered Member of International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focussed Therapy.
- Registered Member of British Emotionally Focussed Therapy Centre.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Supervision - individual and group
£60.00 per session
Individual Counselling: £60 for 1 hour session
Couples’ Counselling: £95
Supervision for Therapists and Mentors: £60 per hour.
When I work
Totnes: Tuesday to Friday 9.30 to 5