Deborah Williamson - 'at one' - therapy for adults, couples, parents & children
Hello, I'm Deborah and I'm here to help with relationship problems. It may be the relationship you have with yourself or your partner or maybe your relationship as a parent or maybe you're worried about one of your children.
If you're unsure, take a look at the follow questions and notice how you feel and notice what sensations arise in your body as you read each one..
- Do you struggle to feel joy and happiness, in spite of favourable circumstances? Do you lack feelings of anger or sadness when faced with injustice or grief? Do you feel anxious or angry when there's no obvious reason to feel this way?
- Do you struggle to talk openly and to say what you mean? Do you feel unheard despite what you say? Or, are you quick to say things that you later regret?
- Do you struggle to trust your partner because of a betrayal? Or do you struggle to trust yourself?
- Do you struggle with one of your children? Do you feel like you’re walking on egg shells because no matter what you say or do it doesn’t stop your child from becoming angry or kicking off? Does your child seem sad and distanced? Do they lack confidence and belief in themselves? Does parenting cause you stress and make you feel that you just can't do right for doing wrong?
- Do you struggle to feel good-enough?
If you answered yes or felt any discomfort when reading any of the questions then I can tell you that it doesn't have to be this way.
I know this from personal experience as I had my own struggles, which began in childhood and continued to play out in adulthood. This triggered my quest to understand how, despite my best intentions, I could have made such a mess of my life, causing hurt and sadness to myself and those who mattered most to me
I gained knowledge and insight from extensive investment in academic studies, and from my own counselling and ongoing continuous professional development. I benefit from a richness of experience gained from spending thousands of hours working alongside individual adults, couples, children and their parents/carers and understand the complexities of family life and relationships.
I know there is no easy answer but I am confident that with the right understanding and support your struggles can be eased. I may not be the right person to help you but someone out there is. Keep looking!
I am a qualified social worker, relationship therapist and have specialist training in child-parent relationship therapy and in children’s counselling which enables me to connect with children through their natural language of play.
I work from a comfortable dwelling in Darlington, which offers a private lounge for counselling adults and a separate space, furnished with the 'Play Therapy Toolkit' for counselling children.
Counselling helps you to see things through a clearer lens and to make sense of your difficulties. Please feel free to contact me to arrange a free no obligation telephone consultation and together we can explore options for change.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Relationship Therapy - accredited by COSRT
- Qualification as a Relate Counsellor
- Diploma in Counselling
- Level 7 Post Graduate Certificate in Therapeutic Play - accredited by Play Therapy UK
- Level 4 Certificate in Counselling Children - accredited by CPCAB
- Level 5 Certificate in Counselling Children and Young People in Schools - accredited by CPCAB
- MA in Social Work
- Dyadic Developmental Practice, Psychotherapy & Parenting - Levels 1&2 - Dan Hughes
- Children’s Accelerated Trauma Technique - Trauma Psychology
- Child-Parent Relationship Therapy - Landreth and Bratton
- Post Qualifying Certificate Counselling Young People - Relate
- Level 7 Post Graduate Diploma in Play Therapy - accredited by Play Therapy UK
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial telephone session
£45 Children's counselling and therapeutic play (session duration 45 minutes)
£60 Individual Adult and Couple's counselling (session duration 60 minutes)
Wednesdays: Evening appointments only Thursdays: Daytime and evening appointments Fridays and Saturdays: Daytime only
I hold a current Enhanced DBS Certificate for Children and Adults.
COVID-19 Risk Assessment in place for face-to-face counselling.
Please feel free to send me me a text or email to arrange a free no-obligation telephone consultation.
I aim to respond to all messages within 24 hours.