Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Do you feel unfulfilled, depressed or anxious? Do you feel plagued by unpleasant feelings and thoughts or do you have a specific problem that is troubling you which you just cannot seem to resolve on your own? Do you want to find inner peace, self-acceptance and feel better about yourself? Do you want to feel happier and more fulfilled so that you can start enjoying your life again?
If you have answered “Yes”, to any of these questions then you have come to the right place.
How I work and what to expect.
I offer a safe and confidential space where you can talk openly about your personal experiences and circumstances. Together we will identify areas of your life that you would like to change and I will provide a way in which to help you move forward.
We will explore and reflect on your current challenges, feelings and thoughts, enabling you to better understand your difficulties and what it is you need. From this increased self-awareness and insight you can then gain a new perspective where alternative choices and options can open up for you. By helping you to re-connect with your inner strengths and resources, I will help guide you to discover new ways of approaching and dealing with your issue so that you can make the necessary choices and life changes that will enable you to move forward and live a happier life.
I have helped clients with a wide range of issues and whether you are experiencing depression, anxiety or going through a distressing challenge, our sessions together will guide you back towards mental and emotional well-being, so that you can live a more fulfilling and rewarding life.
My core training is in Psychosynthesis, although I have also trained in Internal Family Systems (IFS) and also draw on other modalities such as, psychodynamic, humanistic, Jungian, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and Identity-Orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT) formerly called trauma constellations and gestalt approaches so that I can tailor the way I work to suit the unique individual needs of each client.
Internal Family Systems (IFS);
The premise of Internal Family Systems (IFS), developed by Dr. Richard Schwartz, is that each individual possesses a number of sub-personalities or parts. Sometimes these parts are in conflict. For example, one part of you may want to do something like leave your partner or job, but another part of you does not want to. IFS is a method in which to get to know and understand these parts, coordinated by the Self, in order to achieve inner harmony, balance and healing. In IFS, the Self is seen as who we truly are and is the undamaged, resourceful Self at the core of every person. By accessing and working with the Self it creates a safe, effective way to heal other more wounded, extreme parts that need unburdening and healing. I have completed all levels of IFS training 1-3 and offer sessions in person or online.
Identity-orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT)/Trauma Constellations
I also offer one-to-one and group Identity-orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT) formerly called Trauma Constellations which is a method developed by Franz Ruppert. A Trauma Constellation is an experiential process that enables you to gain direct access to the unconscious, repressed emotions and split off traumatised parts of yourself thereby providing you with the opportunity to re-connect with and integrate those parts thus facilitating change. You don’t have to consider yourself to be someone who has experienced a trauma in order to benefit from a constellation. Please see my website for more information.
Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE)
I am a TRE Certified Provider meaning that I am trained to take people through the seven exercises designed by David Berceli which aim to release the residual charge left in the body after a trauma and also any tension from deep within the muscles. By releasing the tension and residual charge, the body is then able to relax, recover and be restored back to its natural resting state. This is particularly helpful for people with high anxiety, panic attacks, post traumatic stress and/or physical tension.
Where I work. My practice is based in Mitcham and is easily accessible from Colliers Wood tube station, Wimbledon and Croydon.
My practice is a 12 minute walk from Colliers Wood tube station (on the Northern Line) or 3 minute bus journey from Colliers Wood tube station-(Bus no. 200)
My practice is also an 8 minute walk from Phipps Bridge tram stop. The stop is a 6 minute tram journey from Wimbledon (SW19) mainline and underground station. Phipps Bridge tram stop is a 20 minute tram journey from Croydon.
There is also guaranteed free parking if you are coming by car.
If you would like to arrange an initial session, ask some questions or find out more then please contact me by phone or email. My website also provides further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling validated by the University of East London, and accredited by the BACP.
- Somatic Trauma Therapy Training with Babette Rothschild -in order to work with people experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Trauma Constellations; Identity-orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT)- Multi-Generational Psycho-Traumatology and the Constellation of the Intention.
- Internal Family Systems (IFS) (Levels 1- 3)
- Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE) training. I am a TRE Certified Provider.
- WPF Therapy, Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills.
- Provided counselling at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust and also the Wimbledon Guild of Social Welfare where I also worked as an assessor.
- Worked for the National Health Service (NHS) for over eight years as a Stop Smoking Advisor, the government-funded programme called "Shift" which aimed to tackle the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health problems and more recently for South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust where I worked on a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service transformation project.
- Assisted on the training courses run at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust.
- Run monthly workshops in Identity-orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT) / Trauma Constellations. See website for more details.
- Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£60.00 - £120.00
Free initial in-person, telephone or online session
- Counselling: £60 / session
- Internal Family Systems £60 / session
- Trauma Constellations: £90 for 1.5 hours or £120 for 2 hours
- Trauma and Tension Releasing exercise (TRE) session £75 for 1.5 hours and £50 for 1 hour
- I offer both short-term and long-term, open-ended work for a wide range of issues with the choice of either a daytime or evening appointment.
- If required, I can offer you an initial free 30-minute consultation to give you the opportunity to meet me, for us to explore why you are seeking counselling at this time and to decide together whether therapy would be helpful to you. There is no obligation to have any further sessions.
When I work
Day and evening appointments available
- I run monthly Group Identity-Orientated Psychotrauma therapy (IoPT) workshops formerly called Trauma Constellation
Please see my website for further details.