Claire Newall, MBACP, PG Dip, BSc. Hons
Do you feel unfulfilled, depressed or anxious? Do you feel plagued by unpleasant feelings and thoughts or do you have a specific problem that is troubling you which you just cannot seem to resolve on your own? Perhaps you have a successful job, happy marriage and children but somehow still feel dissatisfied and wonder whether ‘this’ is it? Do you want to find inner peace, self-acceptance and feel better about yourself? Do you want to feel happier and more fulfilled so that you can start enjoying your life again?
If you have answered “Yes”, to any of these questions then you have come to the right place.
How I work and what to expect.
I offer a safe and confidential space where you can talk openly about your personal experiences and circumstances. Together we will identify areas of your life that you would like to change and I will provide a way in which to help you move forward.
We will explore and reflect on your current challenges, feelings and thoughts, enabling you to better understand your difficulties and what it is you need. From this increased self-awareness and insight you can then gain a new perspective where alternative choices and options can open up for you. By helping you to re-connect with your inner strengths and resources, I will help guide you to discover new ways of approaching and dealing with your issue so that you can make the necessary choices and life changes that will enable you to move forward and live a happier life.
I have helped clients with a wide range of issues and whether you are experiencing depression, anxiety or going through a distressing challenge, our sessions together will guide you back towards mental and emotional well-being, so that you can live a more fulfilling and rewarding life.
My core training is in Psychosynthesis, although I have also trained in Internal Family Systems and also draw on other modalities such as, psychodynamic, humanistic, Jungian, cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) and Identity-Orientated Psychotrauma Therapy (IoPT) formerly called trauma constellations and gestalt approaches so that I can tailor the way I work to suit the unique individual needs of each client.
Unlike most other therapists, I offer a full hour session so that we have the time to explore the challenges that you are facing more fully.
Where I work. My practice is based in Mitcham and is easily accessible from Colliers Wood tube station, Wimbledon and Croydon.
My practice is a 12 minute walk from Colliers Wood tube station (on the Northern Line) or 3 minute bus journey from Colliers Wood tube station-(Bus no. 200)
My practice is also an 8 minute walk from Phipps Bridge tram stop. The stop is a 6 minute tram journey from Wimbledon (SW19) mainline and underground station. Phipps Bridge tram stop is a 20 minute tram journey from Croydon.
There is also guaranteed free parking if you are coming by car.
If you would like to arrange an initial session, ask some questions or find out more then please contact me by phone or email. My website also provides further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychosynthesis Counselling validated by the University of East London, and accredited by the BACP.
- Somatic Trauma Therapy Training with Babette Rothschild -in order to work with people experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Trauma Constellations; Multi-Generational Psycho-Traumatology and the Constellation of the Intention.
- Internal Family Systems
- Trauma and Tension Releasing Exercises (TRE) training. I am a TRE Certified Provider.
- WPF Therapy, Certificate in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Skills.
- Provided counselling at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust and also the Wimbledon Guild of Social Welfare where I also worked as an assessor.
- Worked for the National Health Service (NHS) for over eight years as a Stop Smoking Advisor, the government-funded programme called "Shift" which aimed to tackle the stigma and discrimination surrounding mental health problems and more recently for South West London and St George's Mental Health NHS Trust where I worked on a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service transformation project.
- Assisting on the training courses run at the Psychosynthesis and Education Trust.
- Run self-development workshops at the School of Intuition and Healing and also monthly workshops in Trauma Constellations. See website for more details.
- Member of The British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Eating disorders
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Gestalt therapy
- Humanistic therapies
- Counselling: Standard rate per session: £50 for 1 hour
- Internal Family Systems £50 for 1 hour
- Trauma Constellations: £82.50 for 1.5 hours or £110 for 2 hours
- Trauma and Tension Releasing exercise (TRE) session £75 for 1.5 hours and £50 for 1 hour
- I offer both short-term and long-term, open-ended work for a wide range of issues with the choice of either a daytime or evening appointment.
- If required, I can offer you an initial free 30-minute consultation to give you the opportunity to meet me, for us to explore why you are seeking counselling at this time and to decide together whether therapy would be helpful to you. There is no obligation to have any further sessions.
- I run monthly Group Identity-Orientated Psychotrauma therapy workshops formerly called Trauma Constellation
Please see my website for further details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments available
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|