Dr Carol Cullen, Registered Chartered Psychologist
I am a Chartered Psychologist. I have theoretical and practical knowledge of various therapeutic approaches that enable me to work collaboratively and sensitively with you to achieve positive mental health. I predominantly use a person-centred approach with a keen interest in sensorimotor psychotherapy, internal family systems and Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing (EMDR).
I work face to face and online (via Facetime, Sykpe, Zoom) or by telephone with clients. If you would like to ask me any questions or are interested in booking an initial appointment please contact me on the telephone number at the top of this page or email me if you would feel more comfortable.
My office is based in Nantwich, Cheshire and Newport, Shropshire, primarily working with adults and adolescents.
I consistently adhere to the Code of Ethics and Conduct of the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the Health and Care Professions Council's (HCPC).
I am registered with medical insurance companies; BUPA, AXA PPP Healthcare, Aviva, WPA.
Training, qualifications & experience
Training and Qualifications
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- BA(Hons) Psychology & Childhood & Youth Studies
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Certificate in Counselling
- The British Psychological Society Test User: Occupational Personality (RQTU)
- Occupational Ability (RQTU)
- Internal Family Systems Level 1: currently ongoing 2020-2021
- EMDR Practitioner: Levels 1, 2 and 3: EMDR Extra
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy for the Treatment of Trauma: Affect Dysregulation, Survival Responses and Trauma Memory - Level 1
Virtual Trauma Summit by Action Trauma Limited
How the Body Keeps the Score: Intensive Trauma Treatment Course (Online Course), Dr Bessel van der Kolk, 2020
Treating Complex Trauma with Internal Family Systems: A comprehensive certificate training course (online) with Dr Frank Anderson
EMDR and Psychosis with Dr Paul Miller, EMDR Europe
Healing the Fragmented Selves: Overcoming Self-Alienation with Dr Janina Fisher, nScience
EMDR G-Tep/R-Tep Protocols , Elan Shapiro by Trauma Aid UK
ACT with Compassion: A Masterclass using ACT with Self Criticism and Shame with Drs Jason Luoma & Jenna LeJeune, Contextual Consulting
Maastricht Interview Training: Making Sense of Problematic Thoughts, Beliefs and Paranoia
Clinical and Professional Considerations when using EMDR with Military Veterans with Dr Alan Barrett (EMDR Association UK & Ireland)
- Chartered Member of the British Psychological Society
- Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council
- Member of EMDR UK & Ireland
- Community Mental Health Service (secondary mental health)
- Improving Access to Psychological Therapies (IAPT/CBT)
- Adult Counselling Service
- Paediatric Physical Health Psychology Service
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health Service
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.