Alexandra Newbery MBACP
07946 154 055
As a fully qualified BACP registered counsellor, I am able to offer my clients a confidential and professional counselling service, based out of both Barnstaple and Ilfracombe.
My training as an integrative therapist allows exploration of the relationship we have with ourselves, others and the world. Part of this can include looking into our history to see how this impacts the here and now and also, our projections of the future. Sometimes, a focus on the present is what is needed. Through exploration within the safety of the therapeutic relationship we can navigate this path together.
You may have a specific issue or experience you would like to look at within counselling or a wider concern. There may be thoughts, feelings or behaviours, past or present that are causing you worry, sadness or anger. Many people have aspects of their lives they would like to explore and better understand to enable them to move forward with more focus and clarity. These are all things that can be explored within the safety of a professional, ethical and compassionate therapeutic relationship.
I have worked alongside many individual adults, at their different life stages. My counselling work has included a wide variety of issues within both short and longer term therapy. I welcome any initial enquiries or questions via email or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
My training/qualifications include:
- CPCAB Level 5 Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (BACP accredited)
- CPCAB Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Cruse Bereavement Care/Ascentis National Awarding Body: Awareness in Bereavement Care Foundation Course.
- Private Practice, Barnstaple - General Counselling
- Towerhouse Voluntary Service, Barnstaple - General Counselling
- Heart Centre, Combe Martin - General Counselling
- Cruse Bereavement Care, Barnstaple - Bereavement Support
I commit to regular continued professional development.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
£40 per 60 minute session.
Non binding initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible hours available.
Types of client