Liza Heatley MSc, PTSTA (P), UKCP registered Psychotherapist, MBACP (Accred)
01803 666075 / 07806 717905
I am experienced and accredited both as a Counsellor and Psychotherapist. I am available for short-term, solution focused work and longer-term in-depth psychotherapy. I am a specialist in gender variance and identity, working part-time at the NHS West of England Gender Identity Clinic in Exeter.
People who contact me are often troubled by anxiety or depression. Sometimes they are experiencing difficulties in relationships, or may feel stuck in unhelpful patterns of behaviour that they want to change. I can use my skills and experience to help you consider and understand what is happening in your life and support you to make changes, or to accept the things that cannot be altered, such as loss and bereavement.
I provide a safe and confidential space in a beautiful, tranquil environment that will assist your exploration.
I am a Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst and can offer training to TA practitioners, trainees and Psychotherapists or Counsellors from other disciplines. I have a Diploma in Supervision from CSTD in Bath and use the seven eyed model of supervision. I can offer support if you are applying for accreditation with BACP.
My work is carried out in accordance with the ethical principles and code of professional conduct of the UK Council for Psychotherapy and the BACP ethical framework.
Why choose a Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist?
In contrast to some practitioners who are able to use the title of 'psychotherapist' after only two years of training, a Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist's qualification process is extremely rigorous, as it has to meet two sets of criteria.
In addition to those of the 'Gold' standard of the United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP), which requires qualification to Masters Level, as a Certified Transactional Analyst Psychotherapist I have achieved the rigorous criteria of the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA). Under these two bodies as a minimum requirement a Certified Transactional Analysis Psychotherapist must:
• Have completed no less than four years of post-graduate psychotherapy training of at least 900 hours (including supervision).
• Have no less than 750 hours of previous experience as a practitioner, at least 50 of which must be with couples or groups.
• Have been supervised by a senior practitioner all through the process at a rate of one hour of supervision for every six hours of work with clients.
• Understand mental ill health through undertaking a placement with psychiatric specialists.
• Abide by professional ethics required by both UKCP and EATA.
• Have engaged in their own personal therapy for no less than the duration of their training.
• Submit evidence each year to demonstrate they are continuing their professional development before and after qualification.
• Submit and pass a written Dissertation/Case Study of no less 24,000 words.
• Understand child & adult psychological development.
• Have passed an oral examination with a panel of four Certified Transactional Analysts.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certified Transactional Analyst (P)
Diploma in Supervision
Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling
Member of UK Council for Psychotherapy
Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (Accred)
I have over 25 years experience working as a manager in the public and voluntary sectors in both large and small organisations with people of all ages and backgrounds. Previous experience includes working with families for a local bereavement charity.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Photos & videos
Individuals: £45.00 for 60 minute session.
Appointments: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
I also offer supervision to counsellors and psychotherapists of any discipline.View supervision profile