I offer an Integrative approach using Motivational Interviewing, 12 Step, Psychodynamic T.A. and C.B.T.
I specialise in the treatment of Addictions and have 32 years experience in this area.
Trained at Broadreach House Rehabilitation Centre Plymouth.Upon my return to Jersey I became Manager of the only Residential Treatment Centre.
My experience has also involved working within the Criminal Justice System and Family Groups.I also trained in Clinical Supervision with the Iron Mill Institute Exeter using the Models of Gestalt,T.A. and Narrative, Art and Drama techniques and the use of Metaphor.
Further training has involved Couples Training and Brief Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy with the Tavistock and Portman and Sex and Porn Addiction with Paula Hall at the Priory London.
I am very client led drawing from the vast 'Tools' that I have acquired over the years to meet my client's and supervisee's needs.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Dip.Supervision & Cert. Mentoring Coaching and Supervision (E.A.S.)accr.
- Dip Addctn.Counselling. & Cert.Intermediate Counselling. U.K.R.C.P.Reg.
- National Counsellor Accr.Cert (N.C.A.C) with F.D.A.P (.Federation of Drug and Alcohol Practioners )
- Certs.Motivational Interviewing,Transactional Analysis,Working with Self Harm,Eating Disorders,Sexual Abuse, Trauma & Blood Borne Viruses. Trained in Working with Families affected by Drug and Alcohol Abuse.(Clouds) Action on Addiction, Couples Therapy with the Tavistock and Portman & Brief Psychoanalytical Psychotherapy. Training in Sex Addiction and Compulsivity with Paula Hall at the Priory London.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Dependent personality disorder
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Self -Harm (cutting burning etc.) Blood Borne Viruses H.I.V. & HEP C
£70.00 per Counselling /Supervision session
£85.00 Couples Therapy
Group Therapy £20 per head
Sliding scale for fees available for low incomes
I also provide all supervision and counselling in a large private counselling
unit in St. Helier
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
Supervision & training
My training began with the Training Exchange in Bristol gaining a Certificate of Accreditation in Supervision Skills.