Person-centred solution focused counselling and psychotherapy. I work with a lot of teenagers and young people aged 11 to 25 using a creative approach to help build self esteem and deal with day to day anxieties.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Foundation Degree in Person - centred counselling and psychotherapy at University of Warwick.
- Experience as a grief counsellor at a local hospice.
- Counselling at a mental health service.
- Over 20 years working on a one to one and group basis as a music / singing coach, teaching confidence skills and using a person-centred approach to teaching .
- Currently working as a therapeutic music coach and counsellor in an independent school for young people with special education needs, and anxiety .
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.