Face-to-Face Counselling available in Banbridge. Telephone & Zoom sessions also available. Kataya Counselling continues to offer therapeutic support during these difficult days.
I am a BACP registered Counsellor and Psychotherapist practising Integrative therapy, and have experience of working within the statutory, voluntary, and private sectors. I work with adults on a wide range of issues including anxiety, panic disorder, depression, anger management, work-related stress, relationship problems, family issues, bereavement, drug and alcohol addiction, compulsive gambling, and personal & professional self development.
Most of the time we just get on with whatever hand we've been dealt in life. Occasionally, and often when we’re least expecting it, someone or something comes along that knocks us off our feet. We may feel overwhelmed and exhausted with depression or anxiety, unhappy and uncertain about relationship issues, experience emotional difficulties or upheaval, and struggle to make some sense of the chaos, and our response to it.
Kataya Counselling provides the opportunity to talk and to help you through a crisis or explore the impact of on-going issues. In a supportive and non-judgemental relationship, I can help you to find ways of managing those issues, to identity what you need, to learn how to communicate effectively, improve relationships, and develop a better way of living.
If you're feeling stuck, starting to doubt yourself and wondering 'Who can I talk to?' or 'What do I do now?' Kataya Counselling offers support to help you gain strength, have clarity and confidence to make wise choices and implement changes. For help to discover hope and build resilience for a happier life, phone now to arrange an appointment.
Counselling can help you make sense out of chaos.
If you've ever considered Counselling, and wondered if it might be for you - Email or Phone today on 07595 462 293 to see if I can help you make the changes you'd like to make.
Training, qualifications & experience
A highly skilled Counsellor & Psychotherapist who specialises in Addiction Counselling, with experience of working within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors. I am a registered member of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapist, with full public liability insurance.
Qualifications & Professional Bodies
- Member British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
- BACP Certificate in Proficiency
- Certificate of Insurance for Professional & Public Liability
- Foundation Degree in Counselling Commendation University of Ulster
- Certificate in Counselling Commendation University of Ulster
Continued Professional Development & Independent Study
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) Clinical Disorders
- Anxiety & Panic Disorder
- Social Phobia
- MI Level II
- MI Level I
- MI Intro
Drug & Alcohol Addiction
- 5-Step Method: Family Intervention
- HIV Awareness
- Reducing Alcohol Related Harm: Early Identification & Brief Intervention
- Practical Ways of Working with Substance Using Clients: Screening & Assessment to Referral
- Community Drug & Alcohol Team (CDAT) Level 2 Basic Drug Awareness
- Legal High Awareness
- Brief Interventions for working with alcohol using clients
- Hidden Harm: Parental Substance Users - working with children, young people and families
- Medicine Misuse: Prescription Drugs
- Understanding Approaches to Effectively Working with and Treating Substance Misuse
- Groupwork Facilitation Skills: Drug & Alcohol Misuse
- Working with Clients with Drug & Alcohol, and Mental Health Issues
- Mental Health & Substances: Is there a connection
- The Impact of Alcohol on Self Harm & Suicide
- Seminar: Drink Drink Drink: Is Alcohol a Drug?
Trauma, Abuse & Anger
- Trauma Recovery Programme
- Complex Childhood Trauma
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Working with Survivors of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Anger Management
- Asist: Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
- SafeTalk: Suicide Alertness
- Bereavement - Word to say
- Understanding Eating Disorders: Adapt Eating Distress Association
- Building Self Esteem
- Child Protection Training
- PsychoDrama Self Development Group
- PyschoDrama, Psychotherapy & Action Methods
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- £45 per session (1 hr)
- Payment - bank transfer or cash